5 replies to this topic

#1 FIDOPres

FIDOPres

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

Tomorrow night, representatives from the City of Folsom will be presenting the design for the dog park to FIDO members. This is HUGE for us. After we have the design in hand we can move forward with construction on our park (as our fund raising goals are met).
I would like to invite anyone who is interested to please attend and show your support. The more people we have in the audience the more the city knows that we have the manpower and support to build this park.
We will be meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, March 20) at 7pm at the Lake Natoma Inn.
For more info you can visit our website www.fidoinc.org

Thank you all so much!
Jen

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(FIDOPres @ Mar 19 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post
Tomorrow night, representatives from the City of Folsom will be presenting the design for the dog park to FIDO members. This is HUGE for us. After we have the design in hand we can move forward with construction on our park (as our fund raising goals are met).
I would like to invite anyone who is interested to please attend and show your support. The more people we have in the audience the more the city knows that we have the manpower and support to build this park.
We will be meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, March 20) at 7pm at the Lake Natoma Inn.
For more info you can visit our website www.fidoinc.org

Thank you all so much!
Jen

Will it include a portion of park that allows CLEAN and SAFE passage for my Guinea Pigs?
I mean why should there be a dog park? Why not a pet park? Don't my guinea pigs deserve a place to graze?

#3 FIDOPres

FIDOPres

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

I think all creatures great and small deserve a safe, clean place to play, graze, socialize and generally be happy creatures. Since guinea pigs may resemble prey creatures to some breeds of dogs, I would have to think that a play area away from the dog park would be safest and less traumatic for guinea pigs. I would encourage you to speak to the parks and rec department about establishing a safe area for gp's to graze.
Good Luck!

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, I know. I was jest playing with you. I'm actually a big fan of dog parks, even though there aren't any dogs that own me presently.

#5 FIDOPres

FIDOPres

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

If you ever want to be "owned" by a pooch let me know, I work with a rescue group that has about 50 fosters that need homes right now.

#6 Jenncez

Jenncez

Your Local Scentsy & Thirty-One Consultant

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(FIDOPres @ Mar 23 2007, 07:48 PM) View Post
If you ever want to be "owned" by a pooch let me know, I work with a rescue group that has about 50 fosters that need homes right now.

Is there a website with pictures and info on the dogs, for your rescue group?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users