6 replies to this topic

#1 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

We were at the Bulldogs game last Friday and noticed a couple Folsom PD in cars on the hills behind the visitors bleachers.  We were watching from a standing position on the top of the home team bleachers because it was so crowded there was nowhere to sit, which is great for Bulldogs attendance, but not great if your back hurts that day from too much yard warrior work the weekend before. 

But I digress.   I guess the reason for the PD's presence is to make sure people don't watch the games from the Willow Hill Reservoir side.  I'd noticed in the past people bring lawn chairs and sit up there to watch the games.  Apparently, there had been complaints from the surrounding area about fights, drug use, and people harassing the fans on the visitors side of the bleachers.  It was also noted that technically that is a park area and parks close at dusk or something like that.

What do you all think?  Was there really that much of a problem?

#2 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Having been on that hill for almost very home game last year, no, it wasn't a problem. I saw mostly families, like the group we went with. It allowed the younger kids to run around and socialize while we adults socialized and watched the game.

We might make a game or two this year, but sitting in the stadium changes everything. My kids like being in the stadium and we would just meet up with them after. I don't care about paying, but I liked being able to sit in a comfortable chair instead of being jammed in the bleachers and I liked being able to have a picnic with my husband.

#3 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

I would say they park up on the hill simply to make their presence at the game known.

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

That area is/was known as "Beer Can Hill" so you can guess why they shut it down.

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

That area is/was known as "Beer Can Hill" so you can guess why they shut it down.

I also heard it referred to as "Cheapskate Hill" or, perhaps not very PC, "Mormon Hill."

#6 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

I enjoyed watching the games from the hill with my kids.  I never saw any poor behavior or drug use.  I guess they have to pay for the blue turf somehow. 

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

I would say they park up on the hill simply to make their presence at the game known.

That's what I thought at first; that the PD had found a pretty decent place to keep an eye on things and the game at the same time.  The Folsom Telegraph article says it was to make sure people aren't up there.  

I'm not a cheapskate and would still pay for a ticket, but it looked like a good option versus standing room only in the home bleachers.  Not anymore, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users