11 replies to this topic

#1 M.E.G.

M.E.G.

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Maybe he was out looking to see how high the lake was?

From the SacBee:
A prisoner who walked away from Folsom Prison grounds was apprehended while strolling on a nearby bridge.

Inmate Terry Yeckley was scooped up by Folsom police Monday about 4 p.m. Police spotted him walking along Folsom Lake Crossing, north of prison grounds, shortly after he left custody.

Yeckley had been housed in the Minimum-Support Facility. He was returned to Folsom Prison and placed in the Administrative Segregation Unit.

"We are thankful for vigilance and dedication demonstrated by the officers of the Folsom Police Department," said Warden Rick M. Hill in a press release. "We very much value our longstanding partnership with the Folsom PD and share their commitment to the safety of the community."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee....l#ixzz1TuZmCiyl

M.E.G.

Mechelle Reasoner (formerly Gooch)

Movin'...So You Can!

Morris Williams Realty

Call or txt: 916 955-8698,

Email me

Read my blog, search for homes, find out more about Folsom at FolsomCorner.com

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

A co-worker who lives in one of the condo developments in ARC said she heard the siren going off at about 4 am. She got up & locked her doors.

I was reading the Folsom Prison link and was appalled to read about the nurse who was attacked & alleged sexually assaulted. How terrible! Despite the allure of high pay & great benefits, I never had the desire to work in a prison. It seemed too much like a war zone.

#3 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Actually, I think this happened at like 4:00 p.m. I saw the police vehicles on the bridge. The convict was wearing all white ( A white Tee and white cotton loosely fitting trousers almost like pajamas) and had his hands behind his back. I assume he was handcuffed. Apparently, he was strolling along the bridge on the side with no sidewalk walking westbound on the eastbound side against traffic. I was in my car and passed by all the PD vehicles -- I think there were four: two cruisers, an unmarked car and a "Crime Scene Investigation" SUV. I am not positive that's what was there. Couldnt' really stop and assess, lol.

It bothers me that this is the 2nd inmate to have walked away in two weeks and there was another one last March, as well. Why is that gate always open into the prison grounds along the road from the bridge right across from the dam construction area? What is that place?

My aunt's murderer (excuse me... voluntary manslaughterer) is in the old prison. I don't like the idea that he can just walk out of there.

Pari
Pari

#4 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

There are different parts to each prison, ex: low, medium, high. Sounds like this was from the low area which is much easier to walk from, I doubt someone convicted of vol manslaughter would be in the low area.

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

Unless they've changed it, I think the high-security guys wear all denim. The couple times I had to work at the prison I was told jeans were not allowed.

It sounds like maybe the minimum security guys wear something different.

#6 hltambur

hltambur

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

[quote name='s0479' timestamp='1312372343' post='423609']
There are different parts to each prison, ex: low, medium, high. Sounds like this was from the low area which is much easier to walk from, I doubt someone convicted of vol manslaughter would be in the low area.
[/quote

Hmmmm, convicted of manslaughter and placed in minimum security? Perhaps he realized that error and wanted to get away before someone figured out he was in the wrong prison?

#7 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

[/quote

Hmmmm, convicted of manslaughter and placed in minimum security? Perhaps he realized that error and wanted to get away before someone figured out he was in the wrong prison?
[/quote]

The person that walked away was not convicted of manslaughter, I believe it was receiving stolen goods or something like that.

#8 hltambur

hltambur

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

Ah, guess I read the post above and took it literally. My bad...

#9 Homer

Homer

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

The minimum security facility is seperate from the maximum (csp-sac) and medium (old folsom)security institutions. Inmates are able to walk away from it just as they can from inmate work crews you see around town if they choose to.

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

Last week one's trying to get away, and now a guy hops the fence to get into the prison property. Weird.
Wonder why someone would voluntarily go into what is probably a plentiful snake area in the dark surrounded by towers with guards who have guns.

http://sacramento.cb...-folsom-prison/

#11 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

my take with the news of this week, the guy lost it all on the market and thought going back to prison with three square meals a day better than joining the homeless folks camped down by the river.

#12 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

I was just telling my dad that we have somebody run from there every few months or so. He was suprised to hear that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users