31 replies to this topic

#31 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

There are currently 80 children and teens on the wait list to receive an advocate. Another orientation is being held November 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm for those interested in learning more about this important volunteer role. Call (916) 875-6460 or email Bernardette at Bernardette@sacramentocasa.org to RSVP.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#32 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

There are currently 93 youths on the waiting list to get CASAs. The Sacramento CASA program launched a "45 in 45" campaign on September 1, attempting to recruit 45 volunteers in 45 days.

I've been a Court Appointed Special Advocate for five years now, and have been a CASA for my current youth for over 4 years. The CASA program only asks for a two-year commitment from volunteers (I have stuck with my youth because I have been the only stable adult figure in her life and the only consistent service provider for her in the four years we've been together).

The system is broke.

Foster children/youths, who are in the system due to no fault of their own, pay the price.

CASAs play a critical role in identifying and advocating for their youths' needs. They report to family court judges twice a year, and judges pay careful attention to CASA reports because they know CASAs typically have a keen pulse on what is going on with the youths they serve.

If you've been looking for a meaningful way to give back to your community, please consider volunteering as a CASA. The upcoming orientations will be held on September 30 and October 14. For further information and/or to sign up for an orientation, please contact the CASA office at:

Sherina@sacramentocasa.org   or (916) 875-6460.

If you have questions for me, please post them here or message me.

Best wishes,

Deb

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users