264 replies to this topic

#211 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Here's something a bit creepy. Read the description from this book written in 1999! Tinfoil hats anyone :)

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B008MKPLSQ

That is freaky!  Love the last line of the description, "Pray that it never happens."  Anybody read it?  What happens at the end?

#212 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

New potential case: a Doctors Without Borders physician in New York City:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

#213 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Keep this image in mind, this is who is responsible for your health. Please vote responsibly and not by party lines.

http://m.imgur.com/akBvlGT

Svzr2FS.jpg

#214 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

The NYC doctor tested positive. http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

I have great admiration for a person who selflessly went to one of the most forsaken places in the world to treat a horrific disease.

On the other hand, I am disappointed that he did not quarantine himself when he got here. Even worse, the article says he began to "feel sluggish" several days ago, but continued traveling around the city... he only sought treatment today once he developed a high fever.

I guess there is some kind of karma because he will face the wrath of his girlfriend, who is now quarantined.

#215 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

he even took uber last night to go to and from a bowling alley LAST NIGHT!  jeez, people, if you go treat ebola victims in Africa, seal yourself off for three weeks when you get home!

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#216 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

he even took uber last night to go to and from a bowling alley LAST NIGHT!  jeez, people, if you go treat ebola victims in Africa, seal yourself off for three weeks when you get home!

I was really hoping when I heard this that, being a doctor, he would have been cautious.  It does seem they are reacting more quickly when it comes to quarantine and sanitizing his apartment at least.

#217 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

The NYC doctor tested positive. http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

I have great admiration for a person who selflessly went to one of the most forsaken places in the world to treat a horrific disease.

On the other hand, I am disappointed that he did not quarantine himself when he got here. Even worse, the article says he began to "feel sluggish" several days ago, but continued traveling around the city... he only sought treatment today once he developed a high fever.

I guess there is some kind of karma because he will face the wrath of his girlfriend, who is now quarantined.

Seriously makes me angry that people continue to put others at risk. He's selfless and selfish at the same time.

#218 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

Just get a flu shot soon and move on..........   That and car accidents are the only things we have to worry about living where we do......   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#219 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just get a flu shot soon and move on..........   That and car accidents are the only things we have to worry about living where we do......   Chris

WHEW!! Thanks for letting me know that all I need to do is get a (scam) flu shot and drive safely and Ebola will never be able to enter the Folsom bubble! I can sleep well tonight...

Did they mobilize the Obama CDC Ebola SWAT Team??

#220 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

It's not as easy as that.  For those of us who have loved ones that work in the healthcare industry it is very concerning.

#221 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

As well as anyone that travels a good deal, or is in a business where they deal with people who are in contact with international ports and stations. 

Frankly, I'm surprised no one has painted a giant wormy-amoeba looking thing on the Statue of Liberty and put a big red x on it.

#222 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

And 2 people in Sacramento are being monitored now: http://fox40.com/201...dered-low-risk/

Everyone says the news media "over-hyped" Ebola, but I don't think so. I think we are going to continue to have cases popping up around the country until the epidemic is brought under control in Africa. Since a new case was just discovered in a fourth African country--Mali--it doesn't look like this will be happening any time soon.

To the degree the media hype made health care providers more on alert for this virus, it was a good thing.

#223 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

That idiot "doctor" in NY, you know, the one who came from West Africa, made it through the airport screening, went jogging, rode the subway, and went to the bowling alley all while he was feeling sick, well, they just quarantined his fiancee! Bet that marriage is off now.

#224 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

News Reports that the US scientists believe they have a possible innoculation they can begin giving to residents in West Africa sometime in December. They said they dont dexpect to see a curb in the rates of transmissions until April.

I wonder if this was a spoof or real? mmm--I'll look more into it tonight.

#225 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Latest news: Governors Cuomo and Christie of New York and NJ have announced mandatory quarantines of people entering their states who may be at risk. 

And... a health care worker in New Jersey who came from West Africa and has now developed a fever has been put in quarantine.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users