• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:49 AM

While Morin has voted with them (Kerri mentioned that the Council really tries to vote unanimous, so maybe there some strong arming going on sometimes), I have to agree that he is different. In the article Sheldon does call out Miklos and
Howell by name and not Morin so I suspect he's OK with Morin, who does seem like a nice guy who cares.

Maybe without the queen and king on board, Andy will get to vote for what he feels is right instead of what they pressure him to do?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#32 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Maybe without the queen and king on board, Andy will get to vote for what he feels is right instead of what they pressure him to do?

Don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

#33 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

I don't think Kerri Howell is arrogant.  She is a strong woman and I think her demeanor is mistaken for something other than what it is, but I don't see her as being condescending to people in Folsom.  And I don't think she sees herself as self-important either.  She seems extremely engaged in community events (not just during the campaign cycle) and actively concerned with the protecting old town.  I'm going to vote for her. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#34 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, Morin is the guy smiling to your face holding the knife behind his back.  There is a reason the votes usually go 4-1 with Morin voting with those other knuckleheads. 

#35 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

I don't think Kerri Howell is arrogant.  She is a strong woman and I think her demeanor is mistaken for something other than what it is, but I don't see her as being condescending to people in Folsom.  And I don't think she sees herself as self-important either.  She seems extremely engaged in community events (not just during the campaign cycle) and actively concerned with the protecting old town.  I'm going to vote for her. 

I respectfully disagree with perspective on her demeanor. I love strong women. But I have had a number of interactions with her from which to get the gist that she thinks very highly of herself.

Her eye rolling behind the candidates back is just one sign of incredible disrespect, her comment to the resident that he should move to a gated community is another, and the most recent included an inability to take personal responsibility for an action, even trying to place it on Miklos who wasn't even present at the event in question.

She is actively engaged, most definitely. Also, she has always been responsive to my inquiries (Miklos hasn't ever returned a single email) so she gets due credit for that, which I appreciate.

I still can't vote for her.

#36 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

Just tweeted the link and put a comment on the article. The more comments it gets, the more views it will get so comment, comment comment!!!!!  I've also shared it twice on my FB!

Barb J

#37 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

After all this time the man has been in office you think he won't bend to 'unright' if others aren't pressuring him?

That's like saying a drug dealer is nice guy when his supplier isn't selling....

Choices are choices.

And a better man is made not in ease but in... oh heck.. it don't matter to me.

you know what.... some people will just give a cat a whole ball of yarn and some will teach a cat to respect what they got by being conservative.

#38 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

I haven't talked to Ernie why he felt compelled to write this letter, but I can surmise that's its been building for a long time.

Ernie has been lobbied and encouraged to vote on certain issues ( S50) with his colleagues to make it look like all of our Council were in agreement in the direction the City was moving. Ernie was also told that many of these votes were to get the process moving and that these issues would come back later for a final vote. Ernies realized he was hoodwinked and these issues arent coming back to be reconsider, as was promised to him.

Ernie being the team player he is, went along with his colleagues and tried working with them, like some on this forum have suggested. After that vote where the Council voted to cut staff and programs from Park & Rec and NOT address the Chambers arrangements, Ernie realized despite all his attempts to work with Colleagues, they were Never going to return the favor.

Ernie was also lobbied to NOT appoint certain people to certain commissions and he did that in an effort to work with his colleagues and be a team player.

I heard that his Colleagues, told him he Couldn't be Mayor or Vice Mayor two years ago as they had a unwritten policy that no one could serve in that position while they were running for reelection. After they voted they to elect Kerri to be mayor, while seeking reelection, basically going back on their own words to him, he finally realized there was no use in trying work with them and that the only way to bring about change was to take them on head on.

Every time there was a City Council election who was the FIRST person any incumbent went to and asked for their Endorsement? That's right, they all went to Ernie!

Don't for a moment think that this was about Ernie NOT being mayor!

You'll see those who are connected to the "IN" crowd, chastise Ernie for what he did. However, do they EVER criticize the other 4 for ANYTHING? The criticism shouldn't be directed towards Ernie, but rather the other 4 who didn't return the courtesy, Ernie gave them for almost 5 years. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users