17 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I visit folsomweather.com everyday. I love that it an accurate representation of the temp at my house since Jason's weather station in less than a mile from my house. I loved checking today's temp compared to yesterday's. The forecast is pretty darned good. love the ten year's worth of weather data.

A couple of days ago I noticed that the temperature had stopped changing. Obviously something was broken and I was looking forward to its repair. Looking at the site today showed that I was correct in that something broke, the thermometer after ten years. But it also told me this:

"Update: It appears that after 10 years, the thermometer has sent its last measurement. This is not bad timing actually. Our family is moving into a newer house up the hill in Cameron Park and so, it was inevitable that we'd have to stop reporting the Folsom weather conditions. Once settled in, I'll have a new website set up, but it'll be for Cameron Park, of course. I'm going to keep Folsom Weather running until right before the move. Thanks for the good times and weather! Jason"

So sad to hear this. Wish you the best Jason!

#2 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

I had never even heard of this! Would love to have used it :(

Barb J

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

cw68,

I came here to post the same thing, but you beat me to it. I even had www.folsomweather.com set as my homepage! WAAAHHHH!!!

I might have to purchase my own little weather tracking system in order to get my fix . . .

Best wishes to Jason.

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hmmm, maybe there is an opportunity here...

#5 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

bummer, that means a great Xmas light show is moving out of town as well.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#6 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

You can see local weather stations plotted on the "wundermap" on Weather Underground
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#7 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hmmm, maybe there is an opportunity here...

I am sure he would sell the domain for the right price :)

Here is a link to the wunderground.com Prairie Oaks location ( see map to find other locations)

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCAFOLSO10&month=5&day=29&year=2012

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I too will be sad to see him go. But I will offer my thanks for the years of great service (even if the camera often had no view...hehe).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#9 PocketAces

PocketAces

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

I saw this message over the weekend. I, too, shall miss the website, but I hope someone picks up that torch!

#10 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

I saw on folsomweather.com that someone has picked up the torch. John, I hope it's you!

Thanks to whomever did!

#11 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

OMG! This is the family that does the lights on Vierra???? They are leaving???? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! A stop by their house at Christmas is a family tradation for us. Oh I am so bummed.

#12 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

I saw on folsomweather.com that someone has picked up the torch. John, I hope it's you!

Thanks to whomever did!

I am very glad to see that- One thing I use most on Folsomweather.com is the history. I often use to to compare year to year by month for rainfall and temps. Cant get that on the other sites.

Here's hoping it will stay up for a long time...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#13 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Won't be me, he is passing the baton to a friend. I may look in to getting one though for MyFolsom.

#14 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

I loved folsomweather.com. I'm sad to see it go. Anyone want to pick it up?
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#15 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Update added to site says someone else is taking over. Yeah!! :cheer:
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users