#91 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Jun 19 2007, 10:58 AM) View Post
Hadn't noticed about no park next to high school/middle school complex. There are parks adjacent to all of the elementaries. Maybe the thought is that the open space is park-like? With the joint use agreement, the city can still benefit from school facilities such as ball fields.

I'm curious to get your thoughts about having the Middle school & High school on the same parcel.

On one hand I can see the possible positives of doing this, but on the other I see lots of potential problems. The traffic around FMS & FHS before & after school is really bad, I'm just trying to picture having both of these schools at the same location.

Anybody else have any thoughts about this?

#92 petro

petro

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

Did anyone notice that the City was close to getting the water they needed for the south50 development from the Natomas water District.....

Seems unfair that a water district can get subsidized water from the government then sell it at 1,000% profit!!!

#93 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

This is what S50 should be like

#94 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

I just hope the whole South of 50 thing never happens. For the usual reasons: traffic, and just general congestion in this area already, etc, etc. I see no up-side for us and our quality of life. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#95 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 02:39 PM) View Post
I just hope the whole South of 50 thing never happens. For the usual reasons: traffic, and just general congestion in this area already, etc, etc. I see no up-side for us and our quality of life. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Unless you are an original citizen of Folsom... I am sure that's what people were saying when you moved here.

#96 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Aug 6 2007, 01:24 PM) View Post
This is what S50 should be like

Totally agree. We could make it a great center for jobs and residences. Just because downtown Sacramento has the hi-rises... doesn't mean we can't build any out this way.

Put the jobs where the people are... and you don't have to worry as much about congestion.

#97 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Aug 6 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post
Unless you are an original citizen of Folsom... I am sure that's what people were saying when you moved here.

When City of Folsom approved a General Plan back in the 80's, anybody who moved here after the adoption of the General Plan essentially bought into the General Plan.

Now would be the perfect time to go back and do an appraisal on how well we as the City did following that original general plan, BEFORE we do anything S50.

Here is what I would like to see;

#1. What was the projected population at build out and what is it now?
#2. What were the projected Traffic levels on the major streets and what are they now?
#3. What was the projected Air qualitity levels and what are they now?
#4. What percentage of New development was originally zoned for commercial and what is it now?
#5. What were the projections on water usage and reserves and what are the actual usages & reserves?

Would anyone else like to see this information?

#98 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Aug 6 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
When City of Folsom approved a General Plan back in the 80's, anybody who moved here after the adoption of the General Plan essentially bought into the General Plan.

Now would be the perfect time to go back and do an appraisal on how well we as the City did following that original general plan, BEFORE we do anything S50.

Here is what I would like to see;

#1. What was the projected population at build out and what is it now?
#2. What were the projected Traffic levels on the major streets and what are they now?
#3. What was the projected Air qualitity levels and what are they now?
#4. What percentage of New development was originally zoned for commercial and what is it now?
#5. What were the projections on water usage and reserves and what are the actual usages & reserves?

Would anyone else like to see this information?

I think it is definitely a good idea to go back and see how the original plan worked out. We can only learn from what has worked and didn't work in the past.

I would maybe question #3... because that is more a region-wide issue rather than a local one. Did the Folsom plan take into account that Elk Grove's population would be over 10 times what it was back in the 80s.

I don't know how long it will take to build out S50... but I am sure it will take quite a long time since growth in this region has slowed considerably. I agree that the public should have input into what happens S50... this is more than just the councils' or developers' city. This is our city too... and we need a say.

#99 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Aug 6 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post
Totally agree. We could make it a great center for jobs and residences. Just because downtown Sacramento has the hi-rises... doesn't mean we can't build any out this way.

Put the jobs where the people are... and you don't have to worry as much about congestion.

Maybe the BOS will raise taxes throughout the county and build an Arena S50 to go along with all those high rise condos?

#100 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Aug 6 2007, 04:07 PM) View Post
Maybe the BOS will raise taxes throughout the county and build an Arena S50 to go along with all those high rise condos?

Nah... I'd rather see them build a stadium to draw the A's here now.

I'd even pay your portion of the tax to get MLB to town! smile.gif

#101 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Aug 6 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post

Blech..thwaw..uck.

Please no sports stadiums and that yucky look that comes with the dirty streets and headaches and the closing of certain streets on certain days for so long and blah blah blah.

NO SPORTS!!!

But a geek convention in our new Palladio mall would be cool.

#102 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Aug 6 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post

I'd even pay your portion of the tax to get MLB to town! smile.gif

That's very generous, but I'm still rooting for the Runnin Rebels in football.

If our City Council wanted to raise funds for a stadium, through taxes on resturaunts/hotels and other entertainment options, along with a tax on all tickets for the new stadium, I'd be very supportive.

If they identified the site, reserved it now and started planning it could be a reality in the coming years! Every year they collect money and saved it for this type of project, it would make it more enticing for someone to do this!

#103 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Aug 6 2007, 04:27 PM) View Post
That's very generous, but I'm still rooting for the Runnin Rebels in football.

If our City Council wanted to raise funds for a stadium, through taxes on resturaunts/hotels and other entertainment options, along with a tax on all tickets for the new stadium, I'd be very supportive.

If they identified the site, reserved it now and started planning it could be a reality in the coming years! Every year they collect money and saved it for this type of project, it would make it more enticing for someone to do this!

Alrighty then... we agree! smile.gif

All but that Runnin Rebels comment! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif If the Badgers lose... I'll be the first to eat the crow.

Honestly... I think this would be the best way to pay for a new stadium or arena. I would even throw in rental car fees.

#104 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

OT...

By the way everyone... Badgers ranked #7 in the first poll of the year! Go Bucky!

#105 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

Thank God a stadium deal would never fly in this immediate area. What a nightmare that would be, traffic-wise, and for other logistical reasons. Keep it out at Natomas, folks. That's the ideal spot as far as access, etc. NO NEW ARENA (or stadium) in this area. cool.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users