2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Yes, those leftists in Arkansas are on a roll.........!   How ridiculous..!   Do you own this, you on the left here or do you think it as funny and absurd as I do.....?    Chris

http://dailycaller.c...d-to-come-down/

The Southern Poverty Law Center has declared three of America’s largest Army bases Confederate monuments “with the potential to unleash more turmoil and bloodshed” if activists don’t “take down” the Army bases.

The SPLC included Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Benning in Georgia on a list of 1,500 “Confederate monuments” that the SPLC claims could inspire more violence like what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia last month. All three bases are named after Confederate military leaders.

The list makes no mention of renaming namesakes of Confederate monuments; taking the monuments down is presented as the only option. The recent leftist campaign against Confederate namesakes and monuments has included a willingness among some far-left actors to destroy government property to accomplish their goals.

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

Perhaps it would be easier to take down the SLPC.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Actually,  I saw this on the news other night.  The effort to remove icons of history makes no sense.  History is fact and altering the images from history won't change anything.  It only serves to stoke the fires of resentment.  And we see it now.  These statues should be allowed to remain, if for no other reason than to comply with the 1st amendment free speech clause.  And the idea that these statues represent racism, or slavery, or any other atrocities is simply that - an idea, an opinion.  Sadly, Americans have lost the ability to discern between ideas and actions, and too often allow their ideas to dictate their actions, even when the actions cross the line into illegal behavior.  Again, I blame our inadequate educational system that has failed to teach the basics of civics and democracy.      

One thing is is a little odd, however.  I don't believe that at any time in history, the winning side has allowed the losing side to retain their flag and erect monuments to the notable people who championed their cause.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it is a departure from historical precedent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users