41 replies to this topic

#16 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Any idea why some people see this and some don't?

Maybe those with an ad blocker plug-in don't see it if it is coming from a hack in a 3rd Party site being used?
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#17 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I didn't see it at first but I get it now. Can't tell what's triggering it.

#18 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm still seeing it today. I also noticed that the text on the News section has been hacked. Under the "Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested" Headline, the text goes:

Folsom Police Department arrested Kenneth Allen Hogue (43) from Cameron Park as the sole suspect in the robbery of El Dorado Savings Bank on April 13. Tips from the community led to his arrest. Hogue was booked into the Sacramento County Jail and charged with Robbery and outstanding felony warrants.

In apartment, courses in his tree could also be originally soluble to him. prevacid dosage children Dealers which undergo inflammation within the accident to produce no are called cities and their disease occurs via a damage of symptoms.

Most traditionalist ducks associated with political smoking in radioactive bacteria include anti-discrimination art water, career-long dielectrics and domestic examination treatment. actos bladder cancer symptoms Ascent years of radical sky detective oxygen with year domains are formally ranging from 2 to 20 part.

I'm using IE 8.0.7600.16385 and Firefox 13.0.1 with AdBlock Plus 2.0.3. These are on my Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Laptop. On my home computer, I don't see the spam. I can't remember what Firefox is on my home PC, but I am running Vista 32-bit Ultimate.
--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#19 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Here's more valuable info for you John. I can see the spam text from my work laptop, but none of it on my home computers, regardless of which browser I've used. So I did a test on my work machine at home.

1. I visited the site going straight through my home ISP, AT&T DSL. Opened up MyFolsom, and no spam.
2. I then logged on to my corporate VPN, so I am now accessing the page via my employer's network. Opened up MyFolsom again, and voila, there's the spam!

So this issue definitely has something to do with the ISP.
--
-Robert X. Cringely

#20 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Bizarre, me too. I will continue working on this.
Does everyone else have this problem see it when you are only tunneled in through a secure VPN?

#21 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

I think I got it. Let me know if you ever see it again.

#22 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I think I got it. Let me know if you ever see it again.

Sorry John, but I still see it today :(
--
-Robert X. Cringely

#23 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Sorry John, but I still see it today :(

I'm not seeing it here at home, running Vista and Chrome/Comcast but it was all still there Friday from work. Work is an "Intel" type corporate network and I could see it running Win7 Enterprise on 2 computers, one using Chrome and the other using IE. Very odd.

#24 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Does anyone see it that is NOT tunneling in through Intel?

#25 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

Does anyone see it that is NOT tunneling in through Intel?

Yes.....I am seeing it on my corporate network here at Sutter Health University this morning.....screenshot attached.....Attached File  MyFolsomScreen062512.gif   133.83K   22 downloads
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#26 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Still seeing it here too.

I'd tell you about my browser and OS, but you'd laugh at me and then give me advice I don't have permissions to follow.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#27 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi John,

I'm still seeing the problematic page at work. And I also noticed another few interesting things:

1. The news section is not up-to-date. The latest story at the top is still the "Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested" one from June 15. It does not display any of the newer stories.

2. If I click on the Photos tab, the page is also distorted, this time with a top message saying "Melibea rejects calisto along at his urinary monarchy of his syndrome for her, as is the testosterone in small bicentennial. generic flomax reviews Donna has also begun an third with eric forrester." The Happy Veterans Day story from 11/12/11 is also mangled.

3. The same symptoms when I click on the "Food and Drink" and "Real Estate" tabs.
--
-Robert X. Cringely

#28 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Looks like it finally cleared through the Intel proxies... I set up some code that should eliminate this issue in the future (fingers crossed)...

#29 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Looks like it finally cleared through the Intel proxies... I set up some code that should eliminate this issue in the future (fingers crossed)...

Still seeing it thru Intel VPN.

#30 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Ok, give it another day or so. I can troubleshoot more soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users