1 reply to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

The first subject from me would be... how do I down load a picture from my pictures gallery to a thread. I would also like to know if the picture will remain anonymous from viewers, or if my IP or computer name could be found once I download it?

#2 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

The first subject from me would be... how do I down load a picture from my pictures gallery to a thread. I would also like to know if the picture will remain anonymous from viewers, or if my IP or computer name could be found once I download it?

You have to remember when larger high resolution images are displayed they are linked from another server.   You can download an Image to Folsom Tomato pages' server but you are very limited to data space.   Usually you will only download a low resolution profile picture.    The download is also slower. 

There are image sites you can set up a free account in minutes to store your images.   Examples are Photobucket,  Imgur etc.

I use Imgur because it is easy to use and explains the picture limits when you cut and paste the Image address to link to a Forum.   When you get the site going and your pictures are  loaded you can select the picture you want to display.     It will then give you several link address' with the instructions for use displayed.  For Tomato pages forum,  you will want to "cut and paste" the address that is for "message boards and forums".      If your a professional photographer and do not want someone to copy your image I don't recommend this activity.   There are programs that can lock the photo where the viewers are limited to just viewing.     

Basically when you are replying to a thread with text,  open a second page with your imgur account and click on your selected image.  Cut  the images link address and paste it to the Tomato pages Text.    When you preview or post the the reply it will convert to an image.   Just remember it is linked from your image account.

Another tip is to set your Camera picture settings around  1280 X 960 dpi.    The file is usually quality enough where it will not blur when zooming in.   Plus,  this file size still downloads in a reasonable time.     This is usually a step better than the E-mail very limited (640 X 480)  images.   Good Luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users