23 replies to this topic

#16 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

We're in the old neighborhoods by St. John's and there's been a hispanic male hanging around houses in the early morning hours (1:00 a.m. was last report). That's not racial profiling, that's an eyewitness account by three people - my husband included. Tried to break into our house about a month and a half ago, a couple of weeks ago, apparently someone up the street saw him and last night he apparently attempted to get into our neighbor's house via the bathroom.

Everyone go out and GET A DOG!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#17 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Sep 27 2007, 11:09 PM) View Post
We're in the old neighborhoods by St. John's and there's been a hispanic male hanging around houses in the early morning hours (1:00 a.m. was last report). That's not racial profiling, that's an eyewitness account by three people - my husband included. Tried to break into our house about a month and a half ago, a couple of weeks ago, apparently someone up the street saw him and last night he apparently attempted to get into our neighbor's house via the bathroom.

that guy is still out there? geezus cripes where's the FPD?

and I agree - get a dog - a big dog

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#18 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Sep 28 2007, 08:28 AM) View Post
that guy is still out there? geezus cripes where's the FPD?

and I agree - get a dog - a big dog

1. FPD woefully understaffed. Spoke to Officer Prociw last week...FPD working hard on bringing on more officers for traffic, patrol, etc, but it's apparently a ridiculously slow process.

2. Start a neighborhood watch...we did.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#19 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

Last night I moved my wife's car onto the street so I could back the truck into the garage to unload. As I was backing up I noticed a young man with his hat on sideways, one hand holding onto "the boys"... walking on the sidewalk down the street. What really got my attention was that he was trying to peer inside my wife's car as he walked by it. He never stopped but it was very noticable that he was trying to look inside as he passed. After I parked the truck in the garage I went to see what he was up to but he was gone. I don't know how he had time to get very far. It was like he disapeared. I had never seen him before. This was in Natoma Station.

#20 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 28 2007, 12:40 PM) View Post
I noticed a young man with his hat on sideways, one hand holding onto "the boys

Yep, another one of Folsom's punk hooligans. If you want to locate him, try the Target parking lot at around 2:30 or so every Friday. It's automatic.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#21 ganomama

ganomama

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

Last week I was told my an officer that there have been 14 break ins in the past 2 weeks. They are taking pillow cases off the beds and shoving what they can into them and walking out the front door. Please report anything, people or cars that are out of the ordinary.

#22 FolsomFrogGuy

FolsomFrogGuy

Living Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts
  • Interests:Politics, soccer, rock climbing, SCUBA, landscaping & gardening, environmentalism, political activism, reading,...

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

Although these things generally turn out to be due to our (my wife and I) short term forgetfulness, we've found our side gates left wide open on several occasions lately. This has occured on days when we do not have guests over, and on off-days for the landscapers. It happened to us again over night, following my wife's locking everything up (just latching side gates, or checking that they're closed), only to find a door connecting to the house unlocked and ajar...and our side gate swung open. I'd like to continue to believe that it's due to our short-term memory loss... Guess we'll have to keep our eyes and ears open, and take some Ginkgo in the meantime...

Economic Meter for the Wealthy...
Reagan (1980-88) Dow 876 - 1879; 114.6% increase
Bush I (1988-92) Dow 1958 - 3254; 66.1% increase
Clinton (1992-2001) Dow 3223-10588; 228.5% increase
Bush II (2001 - Jan. 20, 2009) Dow 10588 - 7949; 24.9% DECREASE
Obama (2009-Nov. 6, 2009) Dow 7949 - 10,023; 26% Increase
"Gr. Recession" Recovery? - Dow Peak: 10/7/07 - 11/6/09; 14,165-
10,023; Down 29%

#23 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

I've been robbed once in Folsom, fortunately, the police recovered everything as they had pulled over a car driving suspiciously, the occupants jumped out and ran away leaving the car with the loot behind. I now put padlocks on the fence gates, I lock my cars even though they are in my garage. Security is your own responsibility. I remember as a youg boy, when visiting my grandmother's house, I didn't go to bed until I had personally checked every door lock in the house. She had 8 doors for me to check.
I would rather be Backpacking

#24 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Sep 27 2007, 11:09 PM) View Post

Wow, that's not good. We have a 98-year-old friend who lives alone in that neighborhood. One day I was getting her in the car to take to the store and a kid (who should have been in school but wasn't) walked by really really slowly, staring into her garage, craning his neck back even after he passed the house. It gave me the creeps. I hate the idea of an old friend being hurt in her own house by some cretin.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users