#31 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Apr 11 2007, 12:55 PM) View Post
MMMM....I miss the schnitzel and sauerkraut. The Bier Fests, and Fasching Parade. Sunday morning bells...sledding from October to May....

rheinlander kase mit bavarian wine und krackers. Kucumber und tomaten salat mit vinagraite.

Pomme frites und onion gravy, banana milch, chocolat eggs, italian chocolat espresso. Fruit wine mit fruit ice cream.

sigh....I miss germany in the spring.

#32 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Apr 11 2007, 04:11 PM) View Post
rheinlander kase mit bavarian wine und krackers. Kucumber und tomaten salat mit vinagraite.

Pomme frites und onion gravy, banana milch, chocolat eggs, italian chocolat espresso. Fruit wine mit fruit ice cream.

sigh....I miss germany in the spring.

laugh.gif Don't do this to me! Mostly I miss the bier, and the food, and the people and the country, and the city. Damn, now I need to go back again and it ain't in the cards this year. (Sigh!)

#33 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Apr 11 2007, 04:53 PM) View Post
laugh.gif Don't do this to me! Mostly I miss the bier, and the food, and the people and the country, and the city. Damn, now I need to go back again and it ain't in the cards this year. (Sigh!)

Did I mention the open air parades with sausages on a stick? Fourth of july was celebrated off post first with the entire village of teens, then they came on post. Oh, and Halloween. We built a haunted house in one of the kaisers bunkers beneath the O club. The whole town came to it. Boy that was fun.

I remember the word for ice cream now. Eis. man they can turn milk into some awesome stuff!

It would be nice to have a hoffbrau haus wouldn't it?

#34 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

Update --- Went over to Starbuck's today on Oak Ave, Noticed that the place next to the cleaners is being cleaned out and redone inside. The name on the posting outside the door is Belizza Market. Doesn't sound like a hofbrau haus, but it DOES sound like the Italian place is going to happen. YUM.

Pari.

QUOTE(supermom @ Apr 12 2007, 04:43 PM) View Post
Did I mention the open air parades with sausages on a stick? Fourth of july was celebrated off post first with the entire village of teens, then they came on post. Oh, and Halloween. We built a haunted house in one of the kaisers bunkers beneath the O club. The whole town came to it. Boy that was fun.

I remember the word for ice cream now. Eis. man they can turn milk into some awesome stuff!

It would be nice to have a hoffbrau haus wouldn't it?

Pari

#35 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

Funny you should ask what is needed on the "other" side of the river...I think the businesses already there might benefit by seeking out complementary businesses. When I lived in the Willow Creek area I loved the idea that I could grocery shop, get my cleaning, drop off shoes, pick up hair salon products and a movie for the night in one shopping place. So it seems to me that they are lacking a video rental place (would have to be small because a couple have already failed there) Baskin Robbins used to be packed (why did they leave?) and I'm sure another breakfast place wouldn't hurt. Just a thought...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users