2 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 01:23 PM

I have been using indoor rabbit ears and getting a very poor picture on most channels. I have heard that even with an outdoor antenna, tv reception is poor in the Folsom area. Is this true? I want to find out before spending the money on installing an external antenna.
I also want to be able to receive HDTV signals.

By the way, if your local community association or HOA CC&Rs state some rule such as "all outdoor antennas are banned," see this link:

http://www.fcc.gov/c...nsumerdish.html

#2 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 03:49 PM

Do yourself (and your neighbors) a favor and just get cable or satellite... the quality of reception in Folsom is poor at best... plus while it may technically be "legal" to have big, 1950's antennas on your rooftop, it's still ugly. It's technically legal for my neighbor to mow his lawn in his tighty-whities, too, but that doesn't mean it's something I want to look at! laugh.gif
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#3 matt

matt

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 10:21 PM

Local HDTV channels are not even available through cable or satellite, so that is not even an option.
I will install an antenna on my own property if that is what I need to do the job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users