29 replies to this topic

#16 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hmm, the name Joe Horn comes to mind ..... just hope I get the same Grand Jury.

#17 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

I'm glad they caught this revolting piece of human garbage and I hope that justice will be done. Perhaps his "celly" in prison will decide he ought to pimp him out on the inside.

#18 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Jul 2 2008, 10:09 AM) View Post
Her biological father has opted not to be a part of her life, but I do know her stepfather very well, and he is none of those things.

O I hope I didn't come across as assigning any of those characteristics to the father. This was simply a response to the purely hypothetical situation Davburr and Gaelic were having.

Posted Image

#19 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jul 2 2008, 11:11 AM) View Post
These are some tough tough arguments. I am torn and not sure what I would do if someone hurt my child. On the other hand, I would hate to go to prison and miss out and not be there for my child. Temporary insanity will not fly at all in court these days. Tough.

I know what I would do. I made up my mind the day my first daughter was born. And now that I have 4 daughters, I am more sure than ever.

Posted Image

#20 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Jul 2 2008, 02:09 PM) View Post
O I hope I didn't come across as assigning any of those characteristics to the father. This was simply a response to the purely hypothetical situation Davburr and Gaelic were having.

I didn't take it that way at all - just wanted to clarify what type of dad she doesn't have.

#21 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

On the premise that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, how do we compel the family to move out of the area? And even if they are 'decent' we don't want the apples to ever come back to the orchard when they get out of prison.

If the parents stand by their kid in anyway, including hiring a lawyer, I want them out. Let the punk take responsibilities for his actions -- if that means a public defender, so be it.

I hope each and every time the family comes into public light (they are public officials?), this incident comes up. They better get rid of the purple Hummer because that's just advertising "I deserve an a** whooping."

#22 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(tsukiji @ Jul 7 2008, 09:01 AM) View Post
On the premise that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, how do we compel the family to move out of the area? And even if they are 'decent' we don't want the apples to ever come back to the orchard when they get out of prison.

If the parents stand by their kid in anyway, including hiring a lawyer, I want them out. Let the punk take responsibilities for his actions -- if that means a public defender, so be it.

I hope each and every time the family comes into public light (they are public officials?), this incident comes up. They better get rid of the purple Hummer because that's just advertising "I deserve an a** whooping."

\The parents can afford a dream team of attorneys. After all, living in almost 8000sq ft with 6 bathroom mansion in EDH that you bought for moree than $2 million , they can afford it. We can safely assume that this will not be a case of public defender.

#23 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jul 18 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post
\The parents can afford a dream team of attorneys. After all, living in almost 8000sq ft with 6 bathroom mansion in EDH that you bought for moree than $2 million , they can afford it. We can safely assume that this will not be a case of public defender.

They pushed out his bail hearing 2 weeks so that his parents could hire one of OJ Simpson's attorneys to defend him, and you know what? Bail denied, and he was indicted. Yesterday was a good day.
http://www.sacbee.co...ry/1093018.html

#24 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

Just let me know when that 8000 SQ Ft will go into Foreclosure so I can bid 200k on it to flip in a few years.

#25 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

Where is the house in EDH? Just curious.

I'm glad that litt f'er got no bail. Hateful as it is, I do hope that he gets treated the same way in the slammer that he treated that innocent girl. Here's hoping Bubba pimps him out to the other inmates for smokes.

I hope that the girl and her family are moving toward finding some peace following this whole ordeal.

#26 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Jul 18 2008, 02:47 PM) View Post
Where is the house in EDH? Just curious.

I'm glad that litt f'er got no bail. Hateful as it is, I do hope that he gets treated the same way in the slammer that he treated that innocent girl. Here's hoping Bubba pimps him out to the other inmates for smokes.

I hope that the girl and her family are moving toward finding some peace following this whole ordeal.

I believe that I read that they have a houe in the Summitt. I believe that because thats where you find the MULTI millio 8000 sqft homes. A home for a $1 million is equivallant to the dollar store out in the summit.

#27 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Jul 18 2008, 02:47 PM) View Post
I'm glad that litt f'er got no bail.

Why didn't the little twit who ran over those 2 ladies while drunk at 10 a.m. get no bail ??

Our system sucks royally.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#28 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jul 18 2008, 03:00 PM) View Post
I believe that I read that they have a houe in the Summitt. I believe that because thats where you find the MULTI millio 8000 sqft homes. A home for a $1 million is equivallant to the dollar store out in the summit.

Here's what the home looks like:
http://www.news10.ne...mp;provider=top
The address is 3105 Hopkins Place in El Dorado Hills
http://www.mapquest....p;zipcode=95762
Quite a lovely location, huh?

#29 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Jul 18 2008, 03:21 PM) View Post
Here's what the home looks like:
http://www.news10.ne...mp;provider=top
The address is 3105 Hopkins Place in El Dorado Hills
http://www.mapquest....p;zipcode=95762
Quite a lovely location, huh?

Niiiiice house. Now I am curious to see what type of a dream team attorneys the parents can buy this punk. Also, if he brought the girl into his home from safeway, then aren't the parents responsible and shouldnt they be in jail as well???

#30 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jul 18 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
Niiiiice house. Now I am curious to see what type of a dream team attorneys the parents can buy this punk.

I think the 'dream' was getting him bailed out and shipping his sorry butt back to India where they have a large and also wealthy extended family. It didn't happen.
QUOTE(palango @ Jul 18 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
Also, if he brought the girl into his home from safeway, then aren't the parents responsible and shouldnt they be in jail as well???

Likely not in jail, but hopefully not in that house, or the position to own such a house, fairly soon.
A lot of his hotel-based shenanigans were made possible by his mom's credit cards, so yeah, there's some legal issues for mommy and daddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users