4 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:12 AM

Anyone brave enough to post their opinion on the likely passage of the partial-birth/late-term (depending on your view) abortion ban? I for one am very pleased it was passed. Keep in mind, however, these types of procedures are not all that common.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 12:41 PM

I do believe in a woman's right to choose, but when it gets to the 6-9 month
time frame, I think it is a bit late. If abortion happens, it should happen early
in the pregnancy.

I agree with abortion in case of rape or incest.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:09 PM

While I'm usually as liberal as one can get even the idea of "late term abortion" makes me quesy! I generally support a womens right to chose but I don't think it is unreasonable to deny late term abortions if the mothers life is not at risk. Just to clarify, what is classified as "late term". Is it 6 to 9 months like "camay" suggested or anytime after the first 13 weeks or so when the procedure is typically preformed?
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#4 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:59 AM

I believe "late term" is defined as the last trimestrer

#5 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 01:10 PM

This type of abortions is done quite late in the pregnancy; otherwise, they would use other methods to kill the baby. They wouldn't need to wait for a fully formed baby to make its way out of the birth canal before executing it.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users