• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 18 March 2003 - 02:12 PM

I hope that everyone supports our troops, our president, our nation and humanity as a whole during this inevitable war.

It is difficult for me to know that in a few days many of our world's children and people will die in a war.

I fear for the soldiers who will go into battle because they surely will be exposed to the horrors of war.

I fear for the innocent Iraqi children and families who have no choice but to live in terror under Sadam Hussein. Their lives in the next couple of days will surely be dramatically affected by this war. I hope that in the end, they will experience the Freedom that we all enjoy in our daily lives.

God Help Us All....
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#2 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:31 PM

Yes. Support our nation as we will head toward war. Support our troops now and after the war when they will be coming home. Don't spit on the troops like the Vietnam War generation did!!!!! Pray for all. flag.gif

And John thanks for putting a link on the main page for the "Support Our Troops".

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:55 PM

You bet. I definitely do not want to see the same reaction towards our troops as in Vietnam... I'm a very proud American, and I definitely support our troops. May God be watching them!

flag.gif

#4 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:28 AM

War is death and destruction, but it is necessary sometimes. I witnessed some fighting and deaths in Vietnam as a young boy. War ain't pretty, but I appreciated the American troops who served in Vietnam. It took experiences such as these for me to appreciate freedom and democracy more.

The global stage has changed after 9-11. We can't just sit there and wait for someone to kill our people then react afterward. The ones who may be killed could be you and me...........

Pray that civilian casualties will be low.

#5 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 05:14 PM

Thank God for all of you!-----And for all that we take for granted----our freedoms, our troops who support those freedoms and all those who stand with us to support and protect those freedoms. We love and appreciate you. flag.gif May God protect all those in or near Iraq in harms way.

#6 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:30 PM

First casualties - Marine chopper crash kills 16 in Kuwait, appeared to be an accident. 1 Marine KIA.

Let's also pray for the Iraqi People....... flag.gif

This just came in from ABCnews.com :

B A G H D A D, Iraq. March 21 — Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein may have been hurt in the first airstrikes on Baghdad, U.S. intelligence sources told ABCNEWS. The information came as U.S.-led coalition forces made dramatic gains in Iraq, seizing control of the southern Iraqi oil fields.

#7 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 06:39 AM

Good news out of this terrible war - American prisoner of war Pfc. Jessica Lynch rescued by our kickbutt Special Forces!!!!!!!

Rescued Soldier's Family Ecstatic, Thanks Troops

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The father of rescued U.S. Army soldier Jessica Lynch lavished praise and thanks on Wednesday on the U.S. special troops who stormed into an Iraqi hospital and took his injured daughter to safety.

"We are just real proud that they risked their lives to go in and save our daughter and we hope all the rest of the troops come home safely too," said Greg Lynch in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" from his home in Palestine, West Virginia.

U.S. Marines staged a decoy attack on Tuesday on targets in Nassiriya to allow special forces troops to rescue Lynch from Saddam Hospital, but details of the rescue remained sketchy.

Lynch was one of 15 soldiers listed missing, captured or killed when a 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company convoy made a wrong turn and came under attack from Iraqi forces 10 days ago.

Wearing a yellow ribbon, Lynch's father said he had not yet spoken to his daughter but he hoped she would come home soon.

"First thing we are going to do is give her a great big hug and we hope there are no reporters in the way," he said, with a broad smile across his face.

Asked about reports that other U.S. troops, possibly dead, were also found in the Nassiriya hospital, Lynch said his family was deeply saddened by this news.

"Our hearts are just torn apart. We know there's casualties, you hate to see this. We just, not sounding piggish about it, we're just glad to have our daughter back," he told NBC's "Today" show.

President Bush (news - web sites) also joined in the family's jubilation and welcomed as "great" news the rescue, a senior administration official said.

U.S. defense officials in Washington gave no details on how U.S. forces learned of Lynch's whereabouts, but said tips from local citizens were often helpful in such situations.

U.S. networks aired a Defense Department video showing Lynch being taken away on a gurney to an awaiting helicopter after the rescue.

Lynch, with an American flag on her chest, gave a small smile to the camera.

Not knowing where his daughter was being held and whether she was alive had placed a terrible burden on the family, which celebrated Lynch's rescue throughout the night.

"We're gonna wait until she's home and we're gonna have one of the biggest bashes Wirt County, West Virginia, has ever seen," Lynch told Fox News

In an interview with Reuters on Tuesday, Lynch's cousin, Pam Nicolais, said U.S. military officials had not yet decided whether to send Lynch home directly or to transfer her to Germany for further medical treatment.

"We know she's alive and that's our main concern," said Nicolais, noting that Lynch's parents were preparing to travel to Germany to meet their daughter if the U.S. military took her there.

Lynch, an aspiring teacher who joined the Army to get an education, comes from a community that has an unemployment rate of 15 percent -- one of the highest in West Virginia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users