30-40 Krag Ammo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have one box of 30-40 Krag  180 GR Silvertip EXP.

20 center fire rifle cartridges (WESTERN Brand) for sale

I gave the rifle to my brother but could not send the ammo

to Michigan.

$15.00 for the box.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

BUMP

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

BUMP. Still have a box if anyone can use it. $5.00

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

I'd love to have a stock non bubba'd Krag.......   It's on my bucket list.   If I ever find one I will look you up Sir....!    Oh, the stories that rifle could tell....   If I ever find it.  Had a relative who died in the Spanish American War.  This is where the USA used these for sure as I have read.   He's buried in Golden Gate Cemetery. Been to his grave there.   A very beautiful and solemn place.   What a view from his grave site it is.   Regards, Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

At one time my father, my younger brother and I all had 30-40 Krag's.  I hated to give mine up but

I gave it to my brother and he is handing it down to one of his sons. That is one great gun and if I

had been in the war back in the day it would have came in handy.  I liked the breach load, I could

drop 5 cartridges in there and slap it shut and was in action.  Great deer hunting rifle too.

I still have the cartridges.

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

Camay, would still love to have a Krag, untouched of course.......!  Not modified by Bubba the rifle smith......  I have a relative buried in the Presidio of SF graveyard.   Killed in the Philippines in 1898 or so......?   Been to his grave there........    I am sure he carried a Krag back then......  That's what they had back then....   Story was the Mausers the Spanish had were much better.......  Faster firing and more accurate....   Thus our model of 1903, based on the Mauser action.    Chris 

1A - 2A = -1A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users