Photo
- - - - -

Motorcycle Training Wheels (retractable Wheel System)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

This is Davburr's motorcycle for when he becomes a senior citizen:
Motorcycle Training Wheels (click link for pic)
"OK, biker dudes, if you want to be called a wuss and get laughed out of the bike rally, install a Retractable Wheel System from Safety Features Incorporated. Flip a switch on the handlebars, and these wheels hydraulically lower to keep that bike upright at low speeds or when it’s stopped.
Yeah, we laugh at training wheels for a motorcycle, but this device is great for people with bad knees, senior citizens, and even paraplegics. Just not for biker dudes."
Dave, you had better get your order in now, I hear they have a large back order.

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Apr 13 2006, 11:08 AM) View Post

This is Davburr's motorcycle for when he becomes a senior citizen:
Motorcycle Training Wheels (click link for pic)
"OK, biker dudes, if you want to be called a wuss and get laughed out of the bike rally, install a Retractable Wheel System from Safety Features Incorporated. Flip a switch on the handlebars, and these wheels hydraulically lower to keep that bike upright at low speeds or when it’s stopped.
Yeah, we laugh at training wheels for a motorcycle, but this device is great for people with bad knees, senior citizens, and even paraplegics. Just not for biker dudes."
Dave, you had better get your order in now, I hear they have a large back order.

laughcry.gif I may have gray hair but hopefully I'm decades away from becoming a senior citizen...

There's something better then those training wheels - the way to go for that would be to get a trike - its a bike that has 2 wheels on the back. I've got a friend with MS that is selling his bike and he's going to buy a trike to ride now - I think its cool that folks who can't ride on two wheels still have biking options - when I hit about 80 or 90 years old I'll consider getting a trike too....

IPB Image

now this ones cool! ...and its got a Chevy motor in it - nice!!

IPB Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 13 2006, 11:20 AM) View Post

laughcry.gif I may have gray hair but hopefully I'm decades away from becoming a senior citizen...

Sorry dave, I know you are 40 so you have approx. 15 yrs. before senior citizen status creeps in. laugh.gif

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Farley @ Apr 13 2006, 11:36 AM) View Post

Sorry dave, I know you are 40 so you have approx. 15 yrs. before senior citizen status creeps in. laugh.gif

naw, retirement age for me won't be 55 (thanks to the way the economy currently is going, thanks GW)
I probably won't be able to retire til I'm in my 70's - if I can retire at all...

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Farley @ Apr 13 2006, 11:36 AM) View Post

Interestingly enough, age discrimination under California state law applies to those person age 40 and over!!!!

#6 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

Those trikes are cool. I definitely prefer those that are based on real motorcycles to those crazy home-built lookin' ones, but I'm sure they're all fun to ride. I think it's great that these are becoming more prolific and are giving people an opportunity to be out in the wind who might otherwise not have the physical capability.

Davburr, I recently saw a V-Rod trike. THAT looked like fun! Talk about a hot rod, eh?

#7 randb

randb

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 13 2006, 12:13 PM) View Post

naw, retirement age for me won't be 55 (thanks to the way the economy currently is going, thanks GW)
I probably won't be able to retire til I'm in my 70's - if I can retire at all...

So GW is at fault because you feel you can't retire at 55? Did he get you your first job too? Is it his fault that you can't retire now or just can't retire at 55?

#8 BuffaloRon

BuffaloRon

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:56 AM

This sounds like a good topic to jump in on.

MSgt, there's only two choices, a sidecar or a trike, anything else won't do. There's a trike manufacturer that builds their trikes with a flexible rear axle with independent piston-shock suspension. And for the over-the-road distance riders, you can purchase a matching trailer for carrying all your essentials to tow behind the trike. ADA and Equal Opportunity for bikers!

Edited by Wideglide, 14 April 2006 - 06:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users