#1 crayola

crayola

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to reach out to current parents or former parents of these 2 schools with hope that I can get some feedback / opinions.

I have visited both schools and liked them both (in their own ways).  I know Phoenix had quite a few bad reviews from few years back (apparently when they changed ownership - from what I read in the reviews). 

My kid is going to Kindergarten.  Planning to make it a long term school until at least elementary.  Brighton is up till Grade 5 and Phoenix is up till Grade 8.

How do you like the curriculum of the school / class?

How do you like the communication between teacher and parents?

What do you think of the synergy between the students and their class teachers?

How do you like the school's effort in promoting life skills such as mannerism, social skills, self-motivation and self-confidence?

What do you think of the quality of the teachers?

How effective is the current principal / director in leading the school to the right path?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback. 

#2 Sean M

Sean M

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi crayola,

I don't have much experience with Phoenix but my daughter is attending Kindergarten at Brighton so I can offer some input there. Below are my thoughts in response to your questions. Good luck with your selection. 

Curriculum

I have been very happy happy with the variety and creativity of both her work in the classroom and at home. The core curriculum seems to seems to be flexible enough to accommodate the different levels of kids' learning at the Kindergarten level. Kids learn to work together in the classroom but also have the opportunity to find their individuality through sharing, art, and other projects. Kids also have the opportunity to seek more challenges through special projects and after school programs (my daughter loves the 'Early Engineers' program offered as a supplement after school). The homework and 'at home' projects are fun and engaging enough to teach my daughter that work extends beyond the classroom without burning her out. 

Communication

I have no complaints. My daughter's teacher is very good about communicating updates, announcements, or personal 'happeings' about my daughter via email or when I see her before or after class. Brighton also uses "School Cues" to manage the school event calendar and school announcements, which allows me to get info via email or on my phone. It works great for my wife and me. 

Teachers and "Synergy"

My daughter loves her teachers - all of them -including the before and after school teachers. This is one of the biggest reasons why we'll be bringing my daughter back for first grade. 

Promoting "life skills"

They do a very good job of teaching the kids to be socially responsible - both as individuals and groups. Kids learn about recycling, keeping the Earth clean, and gardening to name a few. As an example, we had a special project early in the year where we donated school supplies to a school in another state and our kids got to video chat with the kids from that school so they could see the impact our support had on the other kids. There are several other examples I can think of that have driven very positive conversations between my daughter and me.

Principal / Director

Christa has been fantastic - as have all of the Staff. Brighton parents are all very active in the school and the Staff is very supportive. There is also a Brighton "Parent Club" that meets monthly to discuss planning for school events, school improvements and upgrades, etc. Parents from all grade levels can attend and have input into plans for the school facilities and events. 

#3 crayola

crayola

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Hi Sean

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an insightful feedback. It says a lot about Brighton when parents like you have so much positive experiences to share.

#4 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

I have had both of my kids at Brighton up until regular school age and even though they are 10 years apart Brighton has always consistently met and exceeded all of my expectations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elementary, private school, phoenix, brighton, school

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users