• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE...

A Cameron Park woman dies when her car hit a tree early Sunday in Folsom.

Stephanie Leigh Mobbs, 23, was pronounced dead at 1:23 a.m. Sunday at the

scene of the crash on Golf Links Drive near East Natoma Street.

Folsom police said Mobbs was driving at high speed when her

Mercedes sedan left the road and hit a tree, ejecting her from the

vehicle. The department's Major Accident Response Team was

investigating the crash.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thankfully her reckless driving didn't take out anyone else.

#3 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE...

A Cameron Park woman dies when her car hit a tree early Sunday in Folsom.

Stephanie Leigh Mobbs, 23, was pronounced dead at 1:23 a.m. Sunday at the
scene of the crash on Golf Links Drive near East Natoma Street.

Folsom police said Mobbs was driving at high speed when her
Mercedes sedan left the road and hit a tree, ejecting her from the

vehicle. The department's Major Accident Response Team was
investigating the crash.

Saw the shrine by the tree this morning.    Really bummed.

QxH6adk.jpg

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

texting?  drinking?  or just speeding?

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

We don't know yet. Let's wait and see.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

It says she was ejected from the vehicle.  Wonder if she wasn't wearing a seat belt.  I'm always amazed how many people don't wear one.

#7 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

texting?  drinking?  or just speeding?

I'm guessing all of the above.  

#8 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Purple Place, Folsom Tap House, Mesquite....all near there.

#9 nowtherestofthestory

nowtherestofthestory

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

How sad, my heart and thoughts go out to her family. Somebody lost a daughter, maybe a sister, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter, a GF, maybe she was a mother? She had friends, classmates and coworkers, they all are suffering tonight.

If were going to speculate publically, then here is mine, maybe she got an emergency phone call from her Grandma who had fallen and couldn't get up and she was racing over to save her, when her brakes gave out going down that long hill and she didn't want to run the red light at the bottom of that steep grade, so she turned into the trees to stop her car and her seat belt failed and she was ejected.

Those of you who have been around for a while may recall how some of the local rabal rousers were up to their stirring up trouble over the proposed arterial due to its long downhill straightaway. They were expressing concerns over the high speeds going down that grade and how that might contribute to violent accidents. They were asking for traffic calming mitigation to be installed, but naturally the developer objected and the council sided with the developer.

In case there is any doubt, these are the same Council members who are approving the lengthy high speed arterials for south of 50.

No doubt the City is going to get named in a lawsuit over this and some of our tax dollars will be siphoned off to pay for the settlement, that will be kept confidential. 99,9999% of the residents will never hear about this and some will keep saying, " We live in a great City and our Council Deserves the credit for keeping it great". When you hear that again, please remember this young lady!

Its not surprising that we ranked as poorly as we do as such a dangerous city to drive in given all the high speed arterials we have with very little mitigation.

Great Citys, have Great leaders who go to Great lengths, to preserve and enhance greatness! We've got a bunch of wannabees who get chapped lips kissing up to the developers so they can keep their seat on the Council!  

#10 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

No offense but this is the most pathetic (and completely improbable) thing I've read in a long time:

maybe she got an emergency phone call from her Grandma who had fallen and couldn't get up and she was racing over to save her, when her brakes gave out going down that long hill and she didn't want to run the red light at the bottom of that steep grade, so she turned into the trees to stop her car and her seat belt failed and she was ejected.

#11 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Like I said earlier, let's wait and see. So sorry for the family and friends.

#12 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

No offense but this is the most pathetic (and completely improbable) thing I've read in a long time:

maybe she got an emergency phone call from her Grandma who had fallen and couldn't get up and she was racing over to save her, when her brakes gave out going down that long hill and she didn't want to run the red light at the bottom of that steep grade, so she turned into the trees to stop her car and her seat belt failed and she was ejected.

Let's give the lady the benefit of the doubt. I think Nowtherestofthestory was trying to give a story that is probably not true, but puts the young lady in a good light. It is a shame she was killed, but thankfully she didn't have any passengers and another vehicle or person wasn't involved. Let's think of the grieving family and friends and keep the speculation off the boards. When a cause of death is made then people have the right to make comments. My two cents.

nowtherestofthestory

#13 nowtherestofthestory

nowtherestofthestory

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I think whats pathetic is we have some in our community speculating publically what may have happened that caused this young woman to loose her life! Put yourselves in her families shoes, youve just lost your precious girl and you've got a bunch of busybodies gossiping online about what negative attribute she was doing. How about some compassion from our community, instead of rushing to pass judgement.

#14 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Folsom PD said she was traveling at a high rate of speed.  Its very unfortunate and I have sympathy for this tragic loss, but its not the city's fault she was speeding on this road and, by her own actions, ended up losing her life.  People drive up and down that road all day long and find it perfectly safe.  I haven't heard about any cases of Mercedes having floor mat issues causing them to speed up and end in crashes.  That said, the only judgement I see being posted in the thread above is against the city. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#15 nowtherestofthestory

nowtherestofthestory

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Did the City's approval of the design of the road contribute to her speeding? If the City had put in traffic calming measures as requested by many of its residents before the road was approved and built, would this have prevented her from speeding and possibly be alive today?  

Ill wager these are questions the Families attorney are going to raise. I wont be surprised that the City will be spending our tax dollars on defending and then settling another lawsuit over this. It could have been avoided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users