10 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

So, it looks like if you said to the shooter you were "Christian" you got shot in the head............?   Otherwise you got shot in the legs....   I am sure if you said "Jew"  you would be shot many times.........     So the O'bummer administration I am sure will sanitize the news.........    Not a hate crime, not at all....!    Just gun crime violence............    Can't wait for a President with a set down below that will keep these turds hiding under their rocks......!   Way too long of a wait for our country to step up.........     So sad we have a panzie for a president who licks the boots of the Russian president and knows no better...............?   Such a Fool he is....!     So sad........    Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

You're right. Unfortunately, there are too many people who will read what you said and say, "that's not true...Chris must be a racist/bigot/homophobe/tea party/islamaphobe/etc/etc". So I am posting a link to that story. We're in such a PC environment right now that I'm not sure we can recover to *common sense* and be able to state the truth without people whining. It used to be OK to discuss these things without people freaking out and playing the *PC Card*. Ain't Liberalism great !!

http://nypost.com/20...during-rampage/

BTW, very odd that they just sat there like sheep waiting to be slaughtered. Didn't anyone have the guts to bum-rush the shooter, or were they too busy texting? We're a very soft, weird country right now. And it doesn't help when we have a Muslim sympathizer in the White House. God help us.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

I find it odd that the identity of the shooter has not been released. Will it be Jim Bob McCraken, or Abdul Mohammed? (edit: Chris Harper Mercer has been identified)  http://hollywoodlife...gs-to-know-ftr/

Time will tell i suppose, but initial reports are that he singled out Christians. Hmmm, who would do that?

After listening to the President prattle on about "common sense" gun laws, I am left wondering;  EXACTLY what "common sense" gun law would have prevented this?  When will he define exactly what common sense laws would stop this? Bottom line, there is none. It's a naked grasp at gun control using emotion and vague assertations to promote that agenda. If ANYONE can offer "common sense" gun laws that are not already in effect, those of us that support the exercise of the 2nd Amendment would be happy to hear it.  Magazine size, folding buttstock, grip arranfement, etc are just stupid and accomplish nothing except criminalizing honest citizens. We already have criminal background checks and waiting periods.

I also must point out Obama and Dems selective outrage. NOT A PEEP about the 50 shootings EVERY WEEK in Chicago. Gee, you'd think Chicago, with some of the strictest gun laws in the country would be free from gun violence...only if you are a softhead that believes criminals follow laws...

Black lives matter...unless you are killed by another black man or planned parenthood...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Did you see president Obama talk about this today. God did he look SMUG as holy hell. He talked about every other school killing and

not to much about what went on today.

I heard there were over 50 shootings in Chicago this last weekend, did we hear anything about the gun violence there?  NOT.

Politics...  Gun Control...

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

Obama is a disgusting human being, and the most incompetent and corrupt President in the history of this country. The fact that he hasn't been impeached and removed from office is a mystery to me.

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

Also, Obama's speech had several blatant mis-truths in it. Cities with more restrictive laws are NOT safer, nor do they have less gun crime. His own FBI stats contradict him on several levels. Despite years of rabid gun sales, the murder by gun rate has continued down. For pete's sake. it doesn't take a genius to look at the data and see it directly contradicts his opinion. It DOES take an ideolog who is so blinded by opinion that they can ignore the EVIDENCE.

Oh, and after seeing all the hate directed at the NRA, I have to ask, how many NRA members have been involved in mass shootings again? How many in unjustified shootings?And as a follow up, how does that compare to the public at large.

Eric Holder once scolded us that we needed to have a serious discussion about race. I submit that murders are driven more by cultural phenomenon rather than the instrument used. For whatever reason, mass shootings seem to be the domain of white young men. However, if you look at murder rates by race, they are troubling and , sadly, not surprising.  Despite being only 12% of the population, blacks accounted for 46% of murders. Hispanics rated 27% and non-hispanic whites had 23%. Cudos to Asians as they were statistically insignificant.

If you are black, (averaged and rounded) 1 in 5800 is a murderer (Total ethnic population divided by number of murders by etnicity. Obviously, multiple murders by one person skews this)

If you are hispanic, the number is one in 13,200.

If you are white, the number is one in 59,000

About 2% of the counties in the US accounted for more than half the murders.

Only 12% of murders are committed by men over 40 years old. Half are committed by men under 25.

Under 18 murders are commited 55% of the time by blacks.

Clearly, there is a cultural problem when one ethnicity accounts for over ten times as many murders per capita, and one ethnicity has nearly zero. It is not the gun! It is the CULTURE surrounding the gun. If we truly want to do something about gun violence, THAT is where we start.  Then again, uncomfortable truths are swept away by political considerations.

After all, what is political correctness? It is nothing other than ignoring uncomfortable truth to avoid offending those that cannot deal with the truth.

So Obama, and Holder, let's have that discussion. I'm ready for it, are you?

Source of numbers: https://www.fbi.gov/...urdermain_final

You-cant-handle-the-truth.jpg

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

However, if you look at murder rates by race, they are troubling and , sadly, not surprising.  Despite being only 12% of the population, blacks accounted for 46% of murders. Hispanics rated 27% and non-hispanic whites had 23%. Cudos to Asians as they were statistically insignificant.

If you are black, (averaged and rounded) 1 in 5800 is a murderer (Total ethnic population divided by number of murders by etnicity. Obviously, multiple murders by one person skews this)

If you are hispanic, the number is one in 13,200.

If you are white, the number is one in 59,000

About 2% of the counties in the US accounted for more than half the murders.

Only 12% of murders are committed by men over 40 years old. Half are committed by men under 25.

Under 18 murders are commited 55% of the time by blacks.

Clearly, there is a cultural problem when one ethnicity accounts for over ten times as many murders per capita, and one ethnicity has nearly zero. It is not the gun! It is the CULTURE surrounding the gun. If we truly want to do something about gun violence, THAT is where we start.  Then again, uncomfortable truths are swept away by political considerations.

After all, what is political correctness? It is nothing other than ignoring uncomfortable truth to avoid offending those that cannot deal with the truth.

Nice!! Your post is factual and truthful. I took a screenshot of it because there is a certain moderator here that will delete it because it has "racial overtones". I GUARANTEE he will delete it. He deleted a post of mine on a different thread because I dared to say the word *Muslim*. That is what this country (and small towns like Folsom) is coming to, folks. Silencing people. It's a constant battle. Unbelievable.

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

Facts are facts.  Ignoring them does no one any good. It saddens me greatly that in an era when so much attention is given to Black Lives Matter and the killing of a young black men by white officers, that more attention isn't given to black on black crime.  Blacks are twelve times more likely to be killed by someone of their own race than by a white person. How can we change the culture?

Gun laws are not going to do it... Chicago already has nearly 400 murders this year... and their gun laws are very strict. That is a FACT.  No hyperbole, no spin, Just a fact.  Most victims were black, as were the perpetrators. Where is their press conference? Where is the BLM protest? Why hasn't the President gotten involved? Doesn't he think "they could have been his son or daughter?" Then again, his house there isn't in the banger neighborhoods and he has armed security at all times. Where are the men to lead the black culture into a brighter future?

#9 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Well, I see the *Tyrant-in-Chief* is at it again...more executive actions? Yep, target legal and responsible gun owners, not the thugs roaming around cities like Chicago. Yep, it's the gun, not the criminal. Go ahead, all you dizzy Lib Progs...give the dictator a standing ovation!! And kiss more and more of your rights goodbye. You people really don't get it, do you?

http://www.breitbart...ns-gun-control/

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Might be a good time to buy a few lower units as insurance against future "gun control" laws

#11 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Might be a good time to buy a few lower units as insurance against future "gun control" laws

Not gonna happen Joe.   I am done trying to comply with these stupid and confusing gun laws....   I can not for the sake of me make sense of them and feel that every time I load my guns up in the trunk and go to the range I am breaking some law I don't know about and can not understand.   This is what they want....   Fear, paralyzing fear so that we won't do anything, not go to the range,  not buy ammo, just shelter in place......   In a sense they have half way won already.  They have seeded fear and confusion among the law abiding gun owners and we are paralyzed as we inherently want to obey all laws.  Of course the meth heads and perps go about with guns and without a care in the world and do their damage.   So sad the libs don't see the damage that they do.   Gun free zones are kill zones.   Allow those of us who do our homework and train to conceal carry and all of this stops very soon.  The cowards that do this are afraid of those of us who will not submit and fight back.  Chris  

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users