#31 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(nlove4ever @ Feb 2 2007, 02:20 PM) View Post
Those are the GM's of the dealership's arent they? Referring to page 9.

The pictures are wrong, Reginald is the black man and Carlos is the Mexican guy.

Also, the old GM who left last year Sergio Madrigal is at Capitol Expressway Ford in San Jose. His son who was the FINANCE MANAGER at Folsom Dodge is also at Capitol Expressway Ford>

#32 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(finance man @ Jan 26 2007, 10:37 PM) View Post
Actually it would be unusual. Whens the last time you walked on a car dealership and treated a salesperson with any respect.

People like this are the problem, not car dealerships. Grow up and look in the mirror. customers like you are teh problem of car dealerships.

Oh boy. Yes, customers are the problem. Those dirty customers and their desire to be treated honestly. How ridiculous of them.

Personally, I've treated each salesperson I've ever met on a dealership lot with respect. In fact, I've also generally been treated just fine by the front-end salespeople at dealerships. Unfortunately, I've seen that respectful treatment wane quite quickly once I've gotten inside to be handed off to "the closer". Being lied to about the price of the car or the availability of a particularly equipped vehicle, having additional items added to the sales contract which were specifically requested to be omitted (extended warranty, Lojack, "coatings"), etc are things I've personally experienced multiple times. Fortunately, I read anything I'm going to sign quite thoroughly and have been able to catch these "mistakes" befire signing on the line. How, exactly, is this mistreatment the fault of the customer?

#33 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(nlove4ever @ Feb 2 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post
Those are the GM's of the dealership's arent they? Referring to page 9.

I suppose.

I'm curious if all/some of these program dealerships are retained by Daimler-Chrysler (or D-C maintains a controlling portion) -- as opposed to a franchise purchase.

#34 carlawyer

carlawyer

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(finance man @ Jan 26 2007, 10:50 PM) View Post
Once the investigation is done and the guilty people go to jail as they should!!! Ford will probably take the store back let everyone go and start fresh with good people. Unfortunately the will always be bad seeds in any business. The good news is the bad seeds eventually get caught.

I have heard all the attorney jokes... and find them quite funny. However, I am an attorney with a practice that is focused on car dealers. That's right, we only sue car dealers and the banks that help the dealers rip off the public. All done on contingency fee basis. And we have three cases right now against Folsom Lake Dodge, and about 200 cases filed across the State of California.
Lou Liberty
Carlawyer.com

#35 carlawyer

carlawyer

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Feb 2 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post
Oh boy. Yes, customers are the problem. Those dirty customers and their desire to be treated honestly. How ridiculous of them.

Personally, I've treated each salesperson I've ever met on a dealership lot with respect. In fact, I've also generally been treated just fine by the front-end salespeople at dealerships. Unfortunately, I've seen that respectful treatment wane quite quickly once I've gotten inside to be handed off to "the closer". Being lied to about the price of the car or the availability of a particularly equipped vehicle, having additional items added to the sales contract which were specifically requested to be omitted (extended warranty, Lojack, "coatings"), etc are things I've personally experienced multiple times. Fortunately, I read anything I'm going to sign quite thoroughly and have been able to catch these "mistakes" befire signing on the line. How, exactly, is this mistreatment the fault of the customer?

Actually, this is a practice outlawed by the Vehicle Code. Using a "closer" is an integral part of a "turnover house" misrepresents the authority of a salesperson.

Adding items to the monthly payment is called "payment packing" and is also illegal. The added portion of the monthly payment is called "the leg". Once you have been quoted a down payment and monthly payment in the sales department.... watch out.... and do not go to sleep when entering the F&I department. The monthly payment includes the added items....

Lou Liberty
Carlawyer.com

#36 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

I can't tell you how many times I have been sitting with the salesman and agreed on a price and a payment, as well as a finance rate if I chose to use their financing.......only to have the "closer" come in and find an "error" in the paperwork and have them say that the price is going to be "close" to what we've agreed on, but not quite. Then he comes back after "arguing with the sales manager" about getting as close to the original payment as we initially agreed upon, but finding it somwhere between $40-$80 more a month.

Also, they ask what I would like to pay for the car, as well as a total price. I'm not one to offer $20,000.00 for a $30,000.00 vehicle. But I never pay the "dealer markup total price" either. I research the vehicles extensively on the web and find what the actual price should be, and go from there. But no, they always come back with a payment sometimes twice as much as should be every month. When I figure it out, the rate comes out to 18% and the total payments are somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 times the price of the car. Of course those figures are sarcastic, but it just goes to prove a point.

#37 j5mann

j5mann

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

On our most recent car purchase we were straight lied to at two dirfferent dealerships. I don't bother trying to fix the "mistake", but when I leave I'm sure to make a loud scene, let other people to be aware of these very common "mistakes".

Good thing we did purchase our new car from a great salesman/dealership in Elk Grove.

#38 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:26 PM

Here's a question......Why do all of the car salesman think they need to wear big gold watches, gaudy rings, Mr. T Necklace kits, crispy starched white shirts, and whistle whenever they walk through the dealership? Just an observation while sitting in the service waiting room, that's all.

#39 carlawyer

carlawyer

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Feb 5 2007, 06:34 PM) View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have been sitting with the salesman and agreed on a price and a payment, as well as a finance rate if I chose to use their financing.......only to have the "closer" come in and find an "error" in the paperwork and have them say that the price is going to be "close" to what we've agreed on, but not quite. Then he comes back after "arguing with the sales manager" about getting as close to the original payment as we initially agreed upon, but finding it somwhere between $40-$80 more a month.

Also, they ask what I would like to pay for the car, as well as a total price. I'm not one to offer $20,000.00 for a $30,000.00 vehicle. But I never pay the "dealer markup total price" either. I research the vehicles extensively on the web and find what the actual price should be, and go from there. But no, they always come back with a payment sometimes twice as much as should be every month. When I figure it out, the rate comes out to 18% and the total payments are somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 times the price of the car. Of course those figures are sarcastic, but it just goes to prove a point.

Go rent a movie called "Suckers". It will show you why they quote a large monthly payment.... and shows you exactly how a car dealer feels about its customers.

#40 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(carlawyer @ Feb 6 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post
Go rent a movie called "Suckers". It will show you why they quote a large monthly payment.... and shows you exactly how a car dealer feels about its customers.

Thanks for the tip! smile.gif

#41 Jaxx

Jaxx

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(carlawyer @ Feb 6 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post

You can see a preview and download the entire 4GB movie for $5.99 here:

http://www.eztakes.c...ie-Download.jsp

#42 jullia

jullia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:44 AM

Arbitration and Car Dealership Fraud
At the end of the buyer's order and if we signed the contract, we would waive our rights to sue the dealership in court, before a jury, should any dispute arise after the sale. Instead, as a condition of buying the car, we had to agree to submit to mandatory pre-dispute binding arbitration, handled by the dealership's pre-selected company, the National Arbitration Forum (NAF).
There is nothing fair about mandatory arbitration.
Mandatory arbitration clauses are designed to take fraud cases into a world of private justice, where big corporations hire the arbitrators that hear their cases and there's no right to appeal. Most importantly, unlike court proceedings, arbitration is secret, with no transcripts or written decisions, so that nosy reporters or other potential plaintiffs can't learn what's going on behind closed doors.
Arbitration Companies like the NAF, which our Volkswagen dealership used, market themselves to businesses as an alternative to the "million-dollar lawsuit." NAF rules eliminate many of the protections given to both sides of a dispute in court, things like meaningful discovery. The NAF also permits arbitrators to order losing parties to pay the other side's legal fees, which they do regularly, raising the stakes considerably for anyone trying to find relief from fraudulent and deceptive practices*. And arbitration is extremely expensive. Consumers have to pay the arbitrators just to hear their claims, unlike the public courts, where the taxpayers pay the judges. Arbitrators often charge hundreds of dollars an hour for their services.
Public Citizen found that in 94 percent of 19,000 cases, NAF arbitrators ruled in favor of the businesses that hired them. One arbitrator handled 68 cases in a single day, awarding every penny that the big companies were seeking. In one case Public Citizen looked at, the NAF also charged $1500 for a three-page document explaining the arbitrator's decision, something unheard of in regular courts.
The NAF is one of the biggest players in the arbitration world, but it is far from alone. The American Arbitration Association (AAA) handles disputes with big firms like Halliburton, which places arbitration clauses in its employment contracts, and the drug company Pfizer. Halliburton won 32 out of 39 cases arbitrated against it by an employee over a four-year period, according to Cathy Ventrell-Monsees, an employment lawyer who testified at a House committee hearing last month on arbitration. Pfizer did even better, winning 97 percent of its cases over a four-year period, according to Ventrell-Monsees.
One reason businesses often come out on top in arbitration is that arbitrators who rule for consumers have a tendency to find themselves out of work. A 2000 study of forced arbitration in HMO contracts found that on the rare occasion that an arbitrator made a significant award for a patient, the HMO never hired that person to arbitrate a case again.
Consumer arbitration horror stories abound. Last month, a Maryland woman named Deborah Williams testified at a hearing in the House about her dispute over a Coffee Beanery franchise. Despite the fact that Maryland's attorney general determined that the Coffee Beanery had defrauded her, she was forced into arbitration in Michigan, where the company is headquartered. the arbitrator ruled against Williams, assessed her $100,000 for the cost of the arbitration, a $150,000 judgment to be paid to Coffee Beanery, and ordered her to pay the company's legal fees as well. Williams is now bankrupt and nearly homeless as a result and can't appeal the decision. She will be paying off the award for the rest of her life.
Back to the car dealership, find out the names of the owners and you can run a criminal record background search on them. California has an official state website at www.california.gov . From this site, you can find links to the California Department of Public Health. This government holds vital records you will need for your California background check. If you do not have authorization to certified records, the state of California will send an “informational copy” of the vital record of your request. The information is the same but it is not a legal document.
The Attorney General’s office is another great resource for obtaining information for your California background check. They are located on the web at www.ag.ca.gov .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users