472 replies to this topic

#16 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

We've also got 500$ grocery coupons on March.
I wasn't told how it works as well, so I've asked them to show me a sample coupon, then I've learn how it works by loggin on on their web site, so I knew what I'd get finally.
So far I've submitted 3 coupons for March-April-May and got e-mail confirmation once it was proceed from the website.
Haven't got any gift card yet though.
It's might be not the greatest deal here, but as long as they will respect their part of agreement shouldn't be that tough.
Of course this thing requires tracking and extra time....so get rather an instant discount if you can.
I'll try to update here once I'll start getting the actual gift cards.
Let's see...

Edited by folsom2008, 09 June 2009 - 09:13 PM.

#17 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

it doesn't have to be $100.00 during one trip does it? can't it be over the course of a month? or does it have be all on one receipt?
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#18 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Yes, you can send in mulitiple receipts during the month to get to 100.00. They all have to be from that month, though, but you can send in as many as you want to get over 100.00.

I've also sent in my coupons/receipts for March/April/May and am waiting for my first debit card. The company just moved into a larger building so they don't have to "farm out" some of the work so that will speed up the process. Once I start getting them, they will then come each month. Pretty sweet deal as far as I'm concerned. Easy money. Great promotion.

#19 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Ok, guys.
I've contacted claimyourgroceries.com since there is more then 15 weeks since I've sent receipts and nothing happens.
The phone they advertised is never get answered....No responses.

Looks like the great promo became GREAT SCAM.
Will file a complaint on BBB and will call Becks....

I believe most of people here have the same issue, correct?

#20 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jul 10 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, guys.
I've contacted claimyourgroceries.com since there is more then 15 weeks since I've sent receipts and nothing happens.
The phone they advertised is never get answered....No responses.

Looks like the great promo became GREAT SCAM.
Will file a complaint on BBB and will call Becks....

I believe most of people here have the same issue, correct?

I saw a Sacramento Bee article on this within the past week. The company that ran the promo "claimyourgroceries" has filed for bankruptcy protection. I don't think it was a Beck's scam, though Beck's should have done a bit more homework on this and probably would've realized they were not a very reputable company. According to the Bee article they had been having problems. Certainly this may have tarnished Beck's reputation...until they have another huge sale smile.gif

#21 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

And here it's go the big fraud was done:

http://www.sacbee.co...ry/1999008.html

Sorry guys, we've been victims.... sad.gif

#22 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Ok, folks.Here we go:
Today I went to Becks myself and asked to speak with Customer Services supervisor.
A lady came out and she was pretty agressive comparing to customer service rep.
All she can say was , what do you want from Becks, we were victims as well and lost lot of money using Claimgroceries company.
Now, she was holding another voucher on 600$ ( to remind you the original one was 500$) and she is saying m here is another incentive with other company that in business many years : take it or leave it!
To tell the truth, I don't like to be victim twice , this time it even requires you to send 9.95$ for "refundable registration".
The company name is : www.ClaimYourVisaCards.com .
They are mentioning on the voucher that they are ranked "A" with the BBB, but I couldn't find it.

I've asked her : what if it's going be the same like a last company ?
She told me: No one can guarantee anything....How is that?
So what do you think now?

#23 WilliamThurston

WilliamThurston

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (nlove4ever @ Jun 4 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I HATE Becks, I went there because they had the best deal on the Simmons Comforpedic bed that I wanted.

It sounds to me like you've met a poor salesmen who just wasn't up front with you from the start. Most people are happy to purchase something when they've done their homework as it sounds you have, and they know they're getting the best deal possible. If it truly was the best deal, and it was a piece of furniture you wanted, you'd have purchased it anyways, gift card or not right?

Presented in a different manner when you arrived you'd have gone eh...not worth the effort, but I still want the furniture! Plus, you'd have been a happy customer on top of it and probably joked with friends "I knew it was too good to be true, but I still got a great deal!" rather than this post which only hurts Becks.

Being in sales myself, this is just a classic example of someone overpromising with no need to do so. When you asked about the gift card, the salesmen should have spilled the beans on the spot and followed up with a "but you're here because it's the best deal, so ya it's a bit of a hassle, but it's a nice bonus on an already great price" and you'd have probably purchased anyways.

EDIT: Wow, didn't see the whole thread here with the info on the grocery guys going BK, that sort of changes a lot. Still, shame on Becks, you *could* have been a happy customer based on that quote I gave up there. I would expect Becks to get in some serious trouble though now.

#24 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (WilliamThurston @ Jul 11 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds to me like you've met a poor salesmen who just wasn't up front with you from the start. Most people are happy to purchase something when they've done their homework as it sounds you have, and they know they're getting the best deal possible. If it truly was the best deal, and it was a piece of furniture you wanted, you'd have purchased it anyways, gift card or not right?

Presented in a different manner when you arrived you'd have gone eh...not worth the effort, but I still want the furniture! Plus, you'd have been a happy customer on top of it and probably joked with friends "I knew it was too good to be true, but I still got a great deal!" rather than this post which only hurts Becks.

Being in sales myself, this is just a classic example of someone overpromising with no need to do so. When you asked about the gift card, the salesmen should have spilled the beans on the spot and followed up with a "but you're here because it's the best deal, so ya it's a bit of a hassle, but it's a nice bonus on an already great price" and you'd have probably purchased anyways.

I'd disagree with you, at least in my case, I've purchased from Beck's because of this promo, but I've took in account that not all 20 vouchers will be paid to us , meaning not all 500$ will come back , but most -yes.
I am personally blaming Becks, they should stand behind their promos, since they should be reliable company and check the business they are making business with.... evilguy.gif

#25 WilliamThurston

WilliamThurston

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jul 11 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd disagree with you, at least in my case, I've purchased from Beck's because of this promo, but I've took in account that not all 20 vouchers will be paid to us , meaning not all 500$ will come back , but most -yes.
I am personally blaming Becks, they should stand behind their promos, since they should be reliable company and check the business they are making business with.... evilguy.gif

After reading the info about the company going BK, I added an edit to my post. I was more referencing the original poster though. You may have counted on the vouchers to make the deal worth it, but it sounds like the original poster here had done the research and found the matress was the best deal anywhere, with the vouchers being gravy on top. In that case, Becks screwed up not only with a lame promotion, but also with the fact they didn't need it! They could have sold that matress anyways and had a happy customer rather than one posting this on a high traffic community forum.

#26 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (WilliamThurston @ Jul 11 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading the info about the company going BK, I added an edit to my post. I was more referencing the original poster though. You may have counted on the vouchers to make the deal worth it, but it sounds like the original poster here had done the research and found the matress was the best deal anywhere, with the vouchers being gravy on top. In that case, Becks screwed up not only with a lame promotion, but also with the fact they didn't need it! They could have sold that matress anyways and had a happy customer rather than one posting this on a high traffic community forum.

Got it, sorry for misinterpreting.. rolleyes.gif
What do you think about case I've mentioned?

#27 WilliamThurston

WilliamThurston

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got it, sorry for misinterpreting.. rolleyes.gif
What do you think about case I've mentioned?

Well obviously if you wouldn't have purchased the furniture at the price you did without the rebate you should be upset about it. Sounds like it was a nationwide scam, and possibly even a pyramid scheme from the Bee article! As much as you were vicitimized, it sounds like Beck's may have been just as much. They paid the company for those vouchers(I'd assume less than face value, planning on a number of people missing the redemptions), and then turned around to give them out, and are now having their reputation flushed as a result. Bad from all angles at this point.

#28 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (WilliamThurston @ Jul 11 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well obviously if you wouldn't have purchased the furniture at the price you did without the rebate you should be upset about it. Sounds like it was a nationwide scam, and possibly even a pyramid scheme from the Bee article! As much as you were vicitimized, it sounds like Beck's may have been just as much. They paid the company for those vouchers(I'd assume less than face value, planning on a number of people missing the redemptions), and then turned around to give them out, and are now having their reputation flushed as a result. Bad from all angles at this point.

Thanks for the feedback,
Is it worth to try and use second voucher Becks Customer Service gave as replacement ( this voucher also requires 10$ activation, so maybe it's much more expensive pyramid ...).
Or it's a time to contact BBB, trade comission?

#29 WilliamThurston

WilliamThurston

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the feedback,
Is it worth to try and use second voucher Becks Customer Service gave as replacement ( this voucher also requires 10$ activation, so maybe it's much more expensive pyramid ...).
Or it's a time to contact BBB, trade comission?

Well, from reading the Bee article, you probably have nothing to go after Beck's with unless they continued to hand out vouchers after they knew they were worthless. That might be hard to prove, but if you could it'd likely be worth the effort.

#30 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Well, looks like the next voucher isn't great idea as well.
As you can see their website was established from Canada on March 2009,
I wouldn't be suprised to find out that it's worth the same as a Claimyourgroceries
voucher,
I am planning to wait and not to register and follow up on it for few month to check whether people will start getting their gift card, especially now, since with new voucher from Becks they want a driver license and 10$ check ( who knows where we will find out ourselves while giving them all the info and even paying them!!!!),
Guys, be carefull here, it smells not good as well, I am really mad on Becks since they give me this voucher as a replacement for the previous fraud.
I'd expect them to fix their reputation other way. sad.gif

Registrant:
WhoisProtector Inc. (claimyourvisacards.com)
550 Burrard Street, Suite 200

Vancouver, BC V6C 2B5
Canada

Registrar: DomainPeople, Inc.

Domain Name: claimyourvisacards.com
Created on .............Wed Mar 25 20:57:44 2009
Expires on .............Thu Mar 25 20:57:44 2010
Record last updated on .Fri Apr 17 13:58:47 2009
Status .................LOCK,

Administrative Contact:
WhoisProtector Inc.
WhoisProtector Inc.