78 replies to this topic

#76 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

But if you're unable to breastfeed (for whatever reason), then don't beat yourself up for it. Having an infant around is enough hard work as it is, without having to worry about whether you're doing your best at something that really is an art. It somes real natural for some folks, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and didn't really get to do it for too long. (Had breast surgeries that, they theorize, caused scar tissue to block my supply.) I worked my arse off for two months before giving up. The stress wasn't worth it for any of us.

And yes. I definitely notice a difference in the weight loss. Lost 30 pounds right off the bat, now it's creeping back on. I need to get my arse back in gear.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#77 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Mar 7 2008, 01:26 PM) View Post
But if you're unable to breastfeed (for whatever reason), then don't beat yourself up for it. Having an infant around is enough hard work as it is, without having to worry about whether you're doing your best at something that really is an art. It somes real natural for some folks, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and didn't really get to do it for too long. (Had breast surgeries that, they theorize, caused scar tissue to block my supply.) I worked my arse off for two months before giving up. The stress wasn't worth it for any of us.

And yes. I definitely notice a difference in the weight loss. Lost 30 pounds right off the bat, now it's creeping back on. I need to get my arse back in gear.

Totally true. It's great if you can do it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't. Don't let other people decide this for you.

#78 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 7 2008, 01:28 PM) View Post
Totally true. It's great if you can do it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't. Don't let other people decide this for you.

Ha, after going through the class at Kaiser, they make it seem that if you don't breastfeed, your child will hate you for the rest of your life, have a low IQ, and end up being a serial killer.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#79 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Mar 7 2008, 01:31 PM) View Post
Ha, after going through the class at Kaiser, they make it seem that if you don't breastfeed, your child will hate you for the rest of your life, have a low IQ, and end up being a serial killer.

It's the breastfeeders vs. the formula feeders, the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, the Crips vs. the Bloods, the Stay-at-Home moms vs. the working moms, and the home schoolers vs. the public schoolers.
These rivalries rage on, despite their rediculousness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users