65 replies to this topic

#16 folsomBlondie

folsomBlondie

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:50 PM

About 2 weeks left. We still are waiting for prelabor/labor signs. She's sleeping less and less.

#17 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

Even if you think it's false labor, GO. Kids can come early!

#18 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:48 PM

Hope everything goes well. It will be over before you know it. I hope your wife can find a comfortable position to get better sleep; it's so hard to do towards the end.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#19 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:13 AM

Yep she has to sleep in a sitting position whenever she can. She averages about 4 hours per day. She gains so much weights that she's a whale of a girl now. rofl.gif rofl.gif

#20 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:05 AM

You will KNOW when it's time to go the hospital.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#21 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

I normally have no problems sleeping through the night. Now that I'm in my last trimester, I find myself awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night. Sometimes the couch is just more comfortable. great.gif I'm one who before getting pregnant would never wake up after going to bed and now that has all changed! I guess it's just one of the many to come. biggrin.gif

#22 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Erika @ Jul 18 2005, 09:18 PM)
I normally have no problems sleeping through the night.  Now that I'm in my last trimester, I find myself awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night.  Sometimes the couch is just more comfortable. great.gif  I'm one who before getting pregnant would never wake up after going to bed and now that has all changed!  I guess it's just one of the many to come. biggrin.gif

View Post

Yeah...get used to it...
I think it is some evil plan your body has for you to get used to sleep deprivation!!!

#23 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Jul 20 2005, 12:19 PM)
Yeah...get used to it...
I think it is some evil plan your body has for you to get used to sleep deprivation!!!

View Post

That's what I was thinking. biggrin.gif It's my pre-test before the actual test.

#24 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

It's time to start staying home Erika. My wife already did.

QUOTE(Erika @ Jul 21 2005, 12:04 PM)
That's what I was thinking. biggrin.gif  It's my pre-test before the actual test.

View Post

#25 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:53 PM

We have a little less than one month to go. Our son is due in early August. What are the signs of labor to start running to the hospital?

My son was born August 15th. Maybe our kids will have the same birth date! If so, they'll be exactly 20 years apart!

... As for getting to the hospital, when they are regular, whether it's 7, 10 or 12 minutes doesn't really matter but they'll start to come in a regular pattern. You hubbies can help track this cause you're so good with math and pattern detection.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#26 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

Thanx everyone.

Right now she wonders around the house thr. the nights while I sleep. I sleep much better too. smile.gif

The only signs of something closer to a labor are the tightening of her tummy which happen everyday and occur more frequently. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#27 xpdxmama

xpdxmama

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:All things that involve expression and performance.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

It is now July 21, and I don't know if you still need the information...

I am a Fullcircle Doula and the mother of one daughter. As many people have pointed out there are many different signs of labor. The best advice however, would come from your Physician or Nurse-Midwife. Each MD, CNM has their own idea of when it is best to come in. BUT... here is the [/B]511

When you are having contractions that are [/B]5 minutes apart that last for [/B]1 minute for [/B]1[/FONT hour--it is a good time to go.

*Note: The time for each contraction may very from 30 seconds to 1 minute, but you are only in labor if they continue for an entire hour.

Regardless of water breaking, bloody show (which may happen as much as two weeks prior to labor), etc.. you are not considered in active labor until the [/B][FONT=Arial]511
occurs.

Your contractions may feel very strong at this point. They will probably take your breath away and stop you from walking if you are walking. Just breathe with them and hold your husbands hand. Early labor is the longest part. It is exciting to reach the [/B]511 , but you may still be in labor for many hours.

If you have anymore questions or would like to talk with me my email is [your.doula@gmail.com]

Good luck and congrats!

Destiny Lee
A Doula For Every Woman[/COLOR]
xpdxmama
from the pages of destinylee

#28 xpdxmama

xpdxmama

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:All things that involve expression and performance.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

It is no July 21, and I don't know if you still need the information...

I am a Fullcircle Doula and the mother of one daughter. As many people have pointed out there are many different signs of labor. The best advice however, would come from your Physician or Nurse-Midwife. Each MD, CNM has their own idea of when it is best to come in. BUT... here is the [/B]511

When you are having contractions that are [/B]5 minutes apart that last for [/B]1 minute for [/B]1[/FONT hour--it is a good time to go.

*Note: The time for each contraction may very from 30 seconds to 1 minute, but you are only in labor if they continue for an entire hour.

Regardless of water breaking, bloody show (which may happen as much as two weeks prior to labor), etc.. you are not considered in active labor until the [/B][FONT=Arial]511
occurs.

Your contractions may feel very strong at this point. They will probably take your breath away and stop you from walking if you are walking. Just breathe with them and hold your husbands hand. Early labor is the longest part. It is exciting to reach the [/B]511 , but you may still be in labor for many hours.

If you have anymore questions or would like to talk with me my email is [your.doula@gmail.com]

Good luck and congrats!

Destiny Lee
A Doula For Every Woman[/COLOR]
xpdxmama
from the pages of destinylee

#29 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

thanx xmama. that's a good and easy way to remember it - 511

#30 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(xpdxmama @ Jul 21 2005, 10:45 PM)
Regardless of water breaking, bloody show (which may happen as much as two weeks prior to labor), etc.. you are not considered in active labor until the [/B]511 occurs.

View Post

If your water breaks, go to the hospital regardless if you have contractions or not. You are at risk for infection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users