Natoma Station - Hopfield Dr- Street Garage Sale

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

The Neighbors on Hopfield Dr ( off Turnpike- off Blue Ravine) are hosting a Neighborhood Wide Garage Sale on March 29th from 8am - 2pm ...

Mark your Calendar....

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#2 Leslie_R

Leslie_R

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Mar 15 2008, 03:48 PM) View Post
The Neighbors on Hopfield Dr ( off Turnpike- off Blue Ravine) are hosting a Neighborhood Wide Garage Sale on March 29th from 8am - 2pm ...
Mark your Calendar....

Cheers
F500

A reminder that the folks on Hopfield Dr. are hosting a Neighborhood Garage Sale on Saturday, March 29 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Hopfield Dr. is in Natoma Station just off of Turnpike Dr.

There should be lots of interesting bargains to be had at this neighborhood garage sale so be sure to check it out.

Saturday, March 29, 8:00a.m. to 2:00 p.m. See you there!

#3 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(Leslie_R @ Mar 25 2008, 04:30 PM) View Post
A reminder that the folks on Hopfield Dr. are hosting a Neighborhood Garage Sale on Saturday, March 29 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Hopfield Dr. is in Natoma Station just off of Turnpike Dr.

There should be lots of interesting bargains to be had at this neighborhood garage sale so be sure to check it out.

Saturday, March 29, 8:00a.m. to 2:00 p.m. See you there!

here's to hoping someone has some decent dressers for sale... and maybe a recumbent exericise bike or rowing machine.

Posted Image

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

Final Reminder

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

And pay close attention to 118 Hopfield as it may be selling (foreclosure notice posted this week).

Follow the garage sale with a trip to Yankton Street for an NSCO/Neighborhood Watch meeting at 4 p.m.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#6 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Mar 28 2008, 02:32 PM) View Post
Follow the garage sale with a trip to Yankton Street for an NSCO/Neighborhood Watch meeting at 4 p.m.

hey what's the details on this?
I asked for info earlier but never received anything
ty!
v

Posted Image

#7 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

This is the message to the people on the email list:

Well it looks like there is a fair amount of interest.
In order to keep the meeting short but informative, here is an agenda.

I. Neighborhood Watch
In response to many folks requests there will be a short introduction about this program at the beginning of the meeting for those wanting information about Neighborhood Watch. A City volunteer coming will bring materials on how to get the program started in your neighborhood and how to set up each few blocks with a block captain.
2. Renewing NSCO
Are there volunteers to help with writing a newsletter, distributing the newsletter, being ACTIVE board members?
3. CC&R's
Again, volunteers needed to send letters of non-compliance, is anyone really willing to take homeowners with significant violations to court? We will have copies of the CC&R's available for questions and answers.

That is about all I think we can possibly cover in 1.5 hours.
Hope to see a good turnout.
Pass this on to others for whom I do not have an e-mail address.

Barbara Leary
128 Yankton St.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#8 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thank you!

Posted Image

#9 Leslie_R

Leslie_R

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Yeah ! The neighborhood garage sale was a big success. Even though the posted hours were 8:00 - 2:00 a large number of people were here by 7:00 a.m.

At least 12 garages were open. During the day some of us managed to visit the neighbors and buy stuff from each other.

The rainy weather did not hinder the sale at all, in fact, it may have helped. People could not do much outdoors due to the weather so they went to garage sales.

I know Saturday is our day to mow the lawns, but because of the rain we were not mowing; so holding a garage sale was a perfect diversion.

We were celebrating because we really sold nothing of much value and yet we earned $177.00. Not bad for a rainy Saturday!

#10 Leslie_R

Leslie_R

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Mar 28 2008, 01:32 PM) View Post
And pay close attention to 118 Hopfield as it may be selling (foreclosure notice posted this week).

118 Hopfield has been vacant for over a year. It has been in foreclosure most of that time, but the bank is just getting around to the public auction. Fidelity said they doubted it would sell in auction and that it would go back to the bank and be turned over to a realtor. This has been such a long, long drawn out process.

The city has turned off the water just before time to water the lawn and plants. The bank has been sending out gardeners periodically, but without water there may not be much for gardeners to do.

Some one please buy this house!

#11 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Leslie_R @ Mar 30 2008, 04:01 PM) View Post
118 Hopfield has been vacant for over a year. It has been in foreclosure most of that time, but the bank is just getting around to the public auction. Fidelity said they doubted it would sell in auction and that it would go back to the bank and be turned over to a realtor. This has been such a long, long drawn out process.

The city has turned off the water just before time to water the lawn and plants. The bank has been sending out gardeners periodically, but without water there may not be much for gardeners to do.

Some one please buy this house!

I hate to say this but
the house will sell when the bank is willing to accept a reasonable price.

One thing that happens in these situations is that banks are unwilling to cut loose with these properties as a short sale will negatively affect thier balance sheet. Unfortunately, the longer they hold on, the worse the condition, further eroding the value of the property - and the value of surrounding properties.

Of course, selling significantly under market also reduces surrounding values... tough situation all around sad.gif

Posted Image

#12 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Mar 28 2008, 03:31 PM) View Post
3. CC&R's
Again, volunteers needed to send letters of non-compliance, is anyone really willing to take homeowners with significant violations to court? We will have copies of the CC&R's available for questions and answers.

ggrrrrr. Seems like someone is just itching for some legal action.

#13 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 30 2008, 08:25 PM) View Post
ggrrrrr. Seems like someone is just itching for some legal action.

hmm, good point
can anyone post the details/outcome of the organizational meeting?
maybe it should have its own thread... but it would be nice to see what happened.

Posted Image

#14 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Leslie_R @ Mar 30 2008, 03:47 PM) View Post
At least 12 garages were open. During the day some of us managed to visit the neighbors and buy stuff from each other.

Not sure if it was from you, but we did relieve our neighbors of a slide and some baby toys smile.gif Too bad the weather wasn't cooperating, we would have loved to been able to show off the new addition to the family!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#15 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Mar 28 2008, 03:31 PM) View Post
This is the message to the people on the email list:

Well it looks like there is a fair amount of interest.
In order to keep the meeting short but informative, here is an agenda.
I. Neighborhood Watch
In response to many folks requests there will be a short introduction about this program at the beginning of the meeting for those wanting information about Neighborhood Watch. A City volunteer coming will bring materials on how to get the program started in your neighborhood and how to set up each few blocks with a block captain.
2. Renewing NSCO
Are there volunteers to help with writing a newsletter, distributing the newsletter, being ACTIVE board members?
3. CC&R's
That is about all I think we can possibly cover in 1.5 hours.
Hope to see a good turnout.
Pass this on to others for whom I do not have an e-mail address.
Barbara Leary
128 Yankton St.

It's a HUGE mistake to combine Neighborhood Watch with Big Brother. The CC&R business is going to detract from what Neighborhood Watch is all about. If certain people want to get CC&R enforcement off the ground (not saying I advocate it), they should be coordinating a separate meeting towards that effort.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users