• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 kmoura925

kmoura925

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

If you haven't checked out the new-and-improved Pullman Kitchen in the Quarry Ponds shopping center on Douglas Blvd., it's about time you did! I work at Peet's Coffee and Tea down the hall and I must say I am very impressed!

Everything (and I mean everything) I have tried from Pullman's was great! I used to drive down the street to Carl's Junior on my lunch breaks. For about $1 more, I can now get a truly gourmet burger (prepared how you like), just down the hall.

Next time you are in the area, definitely check it out. And of course, stop by Peet's for a drink!

#2 Pullman Kitchen

Pullman Kitchen

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (kmoura925 @ Jul 20 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you haven't checked out the new-and-improved Pullman Kitchen in the Quarry Ponds shopping center on Douglas Blvd., it's about time you did! I work at Peet's Coffee and Tea down the hall and I must say I am very impressed!

Thank you for you kind words!
This week for Dinner, 7/23-7/30, Chef's Special: Duck Rotisserie, served with Rice Pilaf or Chunky Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Seasonal Vegetables.

Looking forward to serving you.

#3 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

No website?

Found this in SacMag:
http://listings.sacm...ullman-kitchen/
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#4 LeftCoastRider

LeftCoastRider

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

I second this review. I have tried several items on the Pullman menu, and they were all very good. I really recommend the crabcake omelette - delish! Also, although this is a minor thing to most people, I LOVE the fact that they give you a large portion of excellent, fresh fruit on the side of your breakfast. Many places use poor quality fruit as a garnish that most people don't eat anyway. But at the Pullman Grill, you get fresh, ripe, delicious fruit, including raspberries, blueberries, melons, mango and even figs. I asked the owner about that, and she said that she only serves what she likes to eat herself. Bravo!

#5 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (LeftCoastRider @ Jul 25 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second this review. I have tried several items on the Pullman menu, and they were all very good. I really recommend the crabcake omelette - delish! Also, although this is a minor thing to most people, I LOVE the fact that they give you a large portion of excellent, fresh fruit on the side of your breakfast. Many places use poor quality fruit as a garnish that most people don't eat anyway. But at the Pullman Grill, you get fresh, ripe, delicious fruit, including raspberries, blueberries, melons, mango and even figs. I asked the owner about that, and she said that she only serves what she likes to eat herself. Bravo!

THAT sounds like an awesome breakfast that I gotta try soon. Crabcakes in an omelet, hold the hashbrowns/country potatoes and sub in fresh fruit is Good Eats.

#6 chscheer16

chscheer16

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

" My Compliments to the Chef"

I would just like to take a minute to post a compliment to Sove at Pullman Grill. She is an fantastic cook as well as person and knows what she's doing! How many places put fresh figs in there fruit salad or that serve a phenomenal breakfast all day only on the weekends....Pullman's does. Sove offers a great breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and if you haven't experienced Sove and her wonderful cooking I suggest you hop off your computer right now and go see her at 5550 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay, CA 95746!!!

You cannot go wrong with anything you order and that's hard to get these days!

Thank you Sove for all the truly great experiences and you have not only a customer but a friend for life. I will see you next weekend!!!

~Crystal

#7 fingledobe

fingledobe

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

MMMMMMMMmmmmm!

What a different and delicious meal i just ate over at pullman's kitchen. I went in with a biddy of mine and didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly shocked at the quality and customer service i recieved from this fine establishment. I can honestly say that the burger i got there was one of the best i have eaten in my entire life. I would highly recomend this place to all of my friends and family. If your reading this right now instead of enjoying any of the delicious menu items over at Pullmans kitchen, then you are missing out.

I will be going back there again and again to try everything on the menu.

#8 summer220

summer220

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

I agree!!! I've eaten several times at the new and improved Pullman Kitchen inside Quarry Ponds and the food is delicious - it's like a chef created the meal just for you! From what I understand from Chef Sovy a website is coming but you can join their Facebook page here: and they are on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/pullmankitchen

If you join their Facebook page you'll be entered to win a $25.00 gift certificate! Also, their menu is posted on Facebook - click on notes to view the breakfast, lunch and dinner menu.

#9 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Do you find it odd that all these rave reviews are from first-time posters?

Just sayin'...

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (traceyl @ Jul 26 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just sayin'...

Heh, you beat me too it. It seems to be just a bit too uncanny that there have been so many one post wonders in this thread. Usually when a new user only posts one time (and never again) it means they're part of the business or associated with it in some way such as friends or family.

Now don't get me wrong, its very nice to hear about a good place (we love good food).... but folks - if you work there or are friends with the owners, just be honest and say so, we like hearing good things about a nice dining establishment.

Plus if you're interested in advertising here, I can help with that and get you even more publicity and exposure - email me at davburr@yahoo.com

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#11 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (traceyl @ Jul 26 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just sayin'...

LOL - guerrilla marketing I guess. I'll bet most/all of those are the same person.

#12 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (c_vanderveen @ Jul 26 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL - guerrilla marketing I guess. I'll bet most/all of those are the same person.

I bet if we went to Yelp, we would find a string of similar five star rating reviews!

that said, if you guys at Pullman just did a revamp, I would agree with DavBur, just tell us about it and entice us with some specials, etc. Strings does it all the time and we love Strings. People like honestly (which equals respect) versus treating us like fools with fake reviews.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#13 summer220

summer220

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

All,
These are not fake posts! And they are coming from different people... I have posted items here before but changed my email addresses awhile back and had to start a new account, but I am not new to these forums. I did recently visit Pullman Kitchen and had their Salmon dinner and a few lunch items also... It is excellent food! The owner is very nice, and outgoing and we ended up chatting about her new restaurant... She is also the owner of another restaurant, Chef de Cuisine Café & Catering located here in Sacramento. She is an established chef!

With this challenging economy, and many restaurants going under, I think helping a local business anyway you can helps us all. Check Pullman Kitchen out for yourself and post your thoughts. (FYI any posts on Yelp are probably from the former restaurant - Chef Sovy just re-open it a few weeks ago).

Thanks,

-Summer

#14 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (summer220 @ Jul 26 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All,
These are not fake posts! And they are coming from different people... I have posted items here before but changed my email addresses awhile back and had to start a new account, but I am not new to these forums. I did recently visit Pullman Kitchen and had their Salmon dinner and a few lunch items also... It is excellent food! The owner is very nice, and outgoing and we ended up chatting about her new restaurant... She is also the owner of another restaurant, Chef de Cuisine Café & Catering located here in Sacramento. She is an established chef!

With this challenging economy, and many restaurants going under, I think helping a local business anyway you can helps us all. Check Pullman Kitchen out for yourself and post your thoughts. (FYI any posts on Yelp are probably from the former restaurant - Chef Sovy just re-open it a few weeks ago).

Thanks,

-Summer

Sooooo, how do you know they are not fake? Seems that if one knew for 100% certain that they weren't from the same person then either you know all of the posters personally or they are from the same person. hmmmm

#15 summer220

summer220

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Well the original post is from a guy who works at Peet's Coffee and he told me while I was eating at Pullman he posted something on this forum. So he's real ;-) And I know I'm a real person, so I guess I can speak for the rest.... LOL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users