6 replies to this topic

#1 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

I drove down Greenback yesterday, in hopes of picking up some yummy L&L barbeque (it was near Denny's). They were packing up the store as I got there. I was very disappointed. There's another one at Madison and Auburn, and one up in Roseville/Rocklin, but those are kinda far to get to on a whim. I wish we had another L&L Hawaiian Barbeque nearby.

#2 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Have you tried the one on Green Valley and Francisco? I don't think it is L&L, but Dave's, or something really Hawaiian sounding. I wonder how that is?

#3 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Sep 3 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post
Have you tried the one on Green Valley and Francisco? I don't think it is L&L, but Dave's, or something really Hawaiian sounding. I wonder how that is?

No, I haven't been there. Maybe when the new damn road (err, excuse me, Folsom Lake Crossing) opens, I'll get to that side of town more often. But I'll try to check it out next time I'm over in that area.

#4 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Sep 3 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post

I like it. Very good teriyaki rice bowls and teriyaki\Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches.

#5 fromhnl

fromhnl

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 3 2008, 08:16 AM) View Post
I drove down Greenback yesterday, in hopes of picking up some yummy L&L barbeque (it was near Denny's). They were packing up the store as I got there. I was very disappointed. There's another one at Madison and Auburn, and one up in Roseville/Rocklin, but those are kinda far to get to on a whim. I wish we had another L&L Hawaiian Barbeque nearby.

That L & L location I was told closed due to family illness. Like many other L & L's in the Sac area, they are owned and operated by people not from Hawai`i. The food, flavors, sauces
entrees don't match up with L & L's in Hawai`i. The only one good restaurant for true Hawai`ian food is in Elk Grove. The others are just wannabe posers. The one in EDH like the others, might be ok if your taste buds are unfamiliar with true Hawai`ian dishes. Otherwise it will be a huge disappointment. The L & L's closer you get to the bay area and around southern California are owned and operated by people from Hawai`i therefore the flavors are more right on and satisfying of the food back home.

#6 Renroc

Renroc

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(fromhnl @ Sep 6 2008, 10:06 AM) View Post
That L & L location I was told closed due to family illness. Like many other L & L's in the Sac area, they are owned and operated by people not from Hawai`i. The food, flavors, sauces
entrees don't match up with L & L's in Hawai`i. The only one good restaurant for true Hawai`ian food is in Elk Grove. The others are just wannabe posers. The one in EDH like the others, might be ok if your taste buds are unfamiliar with true Hawai`ian dishes. Otherwise it will be a huge disappointment. The L & L's closer you get to the bay area and around southern California are owned and operated by people from Hawai`i therefore the flavors are more right on and satisfying of the food back home.

Yeah i never really tried anything other than the Spam musubi.. what a meal in a wrap!

I hope they serve some good Hawaiian food in Shingle Springs soon.

#7 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 3 2008, 09:16 AM) View Post

Ickkkkk.

Never have had a good meal there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users