• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

Our family moved to Prairie Oaks a few months ago and we love it here but I would love to find other Stay-At-Home moms to hang out with during the days. (My toddler is a stunning conversationalist but we are running out of topics.) I can host at my place (lots of kids-safe room, lots of art and craft supplies and we live on a court that is awesome outdoor play area in decent weather), we could meet for walks or even trips to CalFit. (I soooo need to get in shape.)

Is anybody out there? :rudolph:

Dawn

Edited by WolfMom, 06 December 2010 - 02:10 PM.

Dawn Grove

#2 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

Our family moved to Prairie Oaks a few months ago and we love it here but I would love to find other Stay-At-Home moms to hang out with during the days. (My toddler is a stunning conversationalist but we are running out of topics.) I can host at my place (lots of kids-safe room, lots of art and craft supplies and we live on a court that is awesome outdoor play area in decent weather), we could meet for walks or even trips to CalFit. (I soooo need to get in shape.)

Dawn

There's a ton of those around here (Prairie Oaks/ Willow Springs). Where did you move from? Is your 10-year old at Gallardo? We have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner at Gallardo.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#3 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

There's a ton of those around here (Prairie Oaks/ Willow Springs). Where did you move from? Is your 10-year old at Gallardo? We have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner at Gallardo.

We came from Fair Oaks so my husband could be closer to work (Intel). We have a 5th grdae at Gallardo. We love the area but so many folks work in the immediate area I am in. I was hoping to meet a few folks within a mile or two who may have some time and inclination to make friends and socialize.
Dawn Grove

#4 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Have you tried any of the group classes at CalFit? That might be a way to meet others interested in working out.

#5 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

Have you tried any of the group classes at CalFit? That might be a way to meet others interested in working out.

I am going to try a class this Friday. Transportation is also an issue as we only have one car in the family. I am hoping to find someone to carpool with and maybe pay for gas???
Dawn Grove

#6 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

I am going to try a class this Friday. Transportation is also an issue as we only have one car in the family. I am hoping to find someone to carpool with and maybe pay for gas???

Took a CalFit class and it was a lot of fun. I am still hoping to meet some more moms in my neck of the woods. Maybe after the holidays as things have gotten hectic around here. :)
Dawn Grove

#7 polycat

polycat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Baking, Cooking, Gardening, Traveling, Walking, Swimming, Biking, Reading, Blogging, Writing, Graphic Arts, Volunteering, Community... but my greatest interest and love is my family.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

Hi Dawn,

There are may moms about town! One of the best ways to find and connect with them is the local Moms Club, Sierra Moms. Their website is: sierramoms.org

I've been a member for over 5 years, and have made many of my closest friends through the organization. There are lots of opportunities for playgroups and activities for the kids, as well as a great way to meet and hang out with other moms.

I'd be happy to give you more information, meet for coffee, whatever. :) Welcome to the area! It's a great place for families.

Kim

Dawn

#8 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

You should join sierramoms.org. ( it's just what you are looking for and it's all moms in Folsom and El Dordo Hills!...

Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users