30 replies to this topic

#1 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yes....she is not that bright, I know....

But she bought this cute puppy from some lady who promised to send the papers and now will not contact her back. The weird thing is, the lady gave her her #...at least we think it is her #. We have called several times and different kids answer the phone and always says "my mom's not here".

My mom thought I could post this here to see if anyone else bought one...she had 3 I think. Claimed to be a purebred dachsund...

It was bought the 23rd I think. She doesn't want the papers if it's not true....they love Lucy, but they want to try to get their $$ back.

#2 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Jan 2 2008, 02:40 PM) View Post

But she bought this cute puppy from some lady who promised to send the papers and now will not contact her back. The weird thing is, the lady gave her her #...at least we think it is her #. We have called several times and different kids answer the phone and always says "my mom's not here".

My mom thought I could post this here to see if anyone else bought one...she had 3 I think. Claimed to be a purebred dachsund...

It was bought the 23rd I think. She doesn't want the papers if it's not true....they love Lucy, but they want to try to get their $$ back.

how did she pay?
if by CC... contest the charge (not likely)
if by check, work with the bank on reversing it
if by cash, hunt her down.
if that fails, I know some big italian guys smile.gif

Posted Image

#3 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

If she wants to keep the dog, she can't get her $$ back. smile.gif

Unless she got SOMETHING IN WRITING, good luck "proving" payment at all. rawdeal.gif
<3

#4 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

I think that if you buy a puppy in the parking lot at WalMart, you can be pretty sure that there are no AKC papers for it. huh.gif

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

I don't mean to be insensitive but why would anyone who goes to all the effort of an impulse buy; meaning buying a dog in a parking lot; need papers or even want papers on a dog?

If this is about breeding or showing the dog certainly wold have garnered more attention the old fashioned way by visitation and research prior to bartering money for ownership, right?

Let's just hope the puppy doesn't come down with parvo ( which is prevalent to this area in the winter ) or some other form of illness.

I highly suggest you insist that puppy go and get shots regardless of what the previous owners said was given to the puppy.

Good luck and I hope that puppy is healthy.

#6 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Jan 2 2008, 05:29 PM) View Post
I don't mean to be insensitive but why would anyone who goes to all the effort of an impulse buy; meaning buying a dog in a parking lot; need papers or even want papers on a dog?

Yeah no kidding, you pay your money, you get your doggie. Good luck with anything else. The fact the number works at all means you can probably get any info eventually but I'd probably write it off. Take the lil thing to the vet and get the shots, get it licensed, forget about dog shows and AKC.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#7 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Jan 2 2008, 04:29 PM) View Post

If this is about breeding or showing the dog certainly wold have garnered more attention the old fashioned way by visitation and research prior to bartering money for ownership, right?

Let's just hope the puppy doesn't come down with parvo ( which is prevalent to this area in the winter ) or some other form of illness.

I highly suggest you insist that puppy go and get shots regardless of what the previous owners said was given to the puppy.

Good luck and I hope that puppy is healthy.

+1. I was thinking that Parvo was really likely with where this is all landing on the "Sketch-O-Meter".

#8 _john_doe_

_john_doe_

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

Scammed.
Live and Learn.

Lower your expectatoins if you think you are getting papers, a phone call back, or a refund.

What work I have done I have done because it has been play. If it had been work I shouldn't have done it. Who was it who said, "Blessed is the man who has found his work"? Whoever it was he had the right idea in his mind. Mark you, he says his work--not somebody else's work. The work that is really a man's own work is play and not work at all. Cursed is the man who has found some other man's work and cannot lose it. When we talk about the great workers of the world we really mean the great players of the world. The fellows who groan and sweat under the weary load of toil that they bear never can hope to do anything great. How can they when their souls are in a ferment of revolt against the employment of their hands and brains? The product of slavery, intellectual or physical, can never be great.
Mark Twain

#9 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

FWIW you can get the dog DNA tested to determine what you have. My friend works for a Genetics company and they are testing to see if there is a market for this. Contact Petsmart on E Bidwell by OSH, that's where they were advertising.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#10 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

She has already been to the vet (the day after xmas) shots were done then...
My mom was hoping I would post to see if anyone else bought one (she had 3).

We know it wasn't a very smart thing....but just hoped this lady had been telling the truth. We had actually bought our first Dachsund (20 yrs ago) in a very similar situation and I think she was just a little naive on the whole thing.

#11 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Jan 2 2008, 02:45 PM) View Post
how did she pay?
if by CC... contest the charge (not likely)
if by check, work with the bank on reversing it
if by cash, hunt her down.
if that fails, I know some big italian guys smile.gif

Banks do not reverse checks. You can stop pay it (for a fee) before it's cashed, but I'm willing to bet the check has been cashed.

M2S: How much did your mom pay? I'm just curious!

#12 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:32 AM

SHe paid like $300 or so I believe....

#13 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

ohmy.gif

#14 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

Ouch. I hope we're all wrong and it works out for her!

#15 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

give the dog love and a good home....and pretend the seller stole it from an expensive breeder and its really worth $3000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users