35 replies to this topic

#1 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

I am proud to annouce the closing of 1029 Houston and 1037 Houston..

1029 Houston sold in 3 days and 1037 Houston in one week....multiple offers and over asking price....

Folsom is still a great place to live...sell and buy real estate....

biggrin.gif

Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#2 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Jul 13 2007, 11:51 PM) View Post

1029 Houston sold in 3 days and 1037 Houston in one week....multiple offers and over asking price....

biggrin.gif

Sounds like you under priced both homes... It's always a great time to buy AND sell for a Realtor.

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Jul 14 2007, 05:57 AM) View Post
Sounds like you under priced both homes... It's always a great time to buy AND sell for a Realtor.

LOL!!!! laugh.gif
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(Dr. Folsom @ Jul 14 2007, 06:57 AM) View Post

Sure it may seem like that( to the amateur)...but actuallly we priced them ( sq foot based on size) at exactly the price the past homes had SOLD in the neighborhood in the past 60 days...

both these homes were beautiful and had tons of upgrades...one had a pool, new granite, new walnut laminate flooring, new light fixtures, new paint in and out, new landscaping....and was exacting what 3 buyers were looking for in the neighborhood....the second had 40K in upgrades at well, too many upgrades to list..and exactly what 3 more buyers were looking for in the neighborhood.

you can check out the photos for yoursel at www.1029houston.com and 1037houston.com....

houses sell for what buyers are willing to pay...neither one of my clients wanted to have the house sit on the market....overpriced, not selling......I give my clients the comps that SOLD,what is currently available in the neighborhood and what else they are competing against for the same dolllars in all of folsom...they choose the price to list it...

houses are selling in folsom....in fact the same amount sold in may 07 than sold in may 05 before the down turn on prices....

i know you have made other comments about prices...you should really talk to your agent...we have tons of statistics about folsoms market....

the bottom line is my clients both, SOLD their homes in record time, for more money than they wanted...WIN WIN for everyone involved..

could of, would of should of does not work in this industry....RESULTS is the key...
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#5 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

I'm not in the habit of defending real estate folk, but, in this market, I think getting it sold quickly (as long at it's not grossly underpriced) is great. If the seller was more than happy with the price, even better.

Congrats, Lisa.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#6 Dr. Folsom

Dr. Folsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

walnut laminate flooring

Walnut colored laminate? or laminated walnut?

....and was exacting what 3 buyers were looking for in the neighborhood....the second had 40K in upgrades at well, too many upgrades to list..and exactly what 3 more buyers were looking for in the neighborhood.

6 buyers total! Wow!

What would us amateurs do without Realtors to set us straight!

#7 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

biggrin.gif

Congrats Lisa!

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Congrats, Lisa! Seems like you did it right. Isn't selling the object of putting your house on the market? Asking more takes longer, which means you're paying more mortgage payments, and, usually in this market, means taking offers under listing. IMHO, it's almost always worth it to price it reasonably for the market and right now, that means on the low end. Every buyer out there is looking for a deal, not like two years ago when they were just looking for a house.

#9 FolsomRider

FolsomRider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

May I ask what agencies and offices the buyer's agents worked for?

When I was in the business, I've seen homes turn over fast just to find out that they were sold within the same office or agency umbrella. Not implying just asking...

biggrin.gif

#10 FolsomRider

FolsomRider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

On this idea, I'm seeing a great many people who "just bought a house", many being their first, with a ton of money left over for addons.... People writing checks for over $10,000 before escrow closes. Sounds like a deal has been gotten.

On the other side, I see a great many sellers doing crappy upgrades, just so it looks good... Putting in stuff that i would probably rip out before moving in. Fixes and upgrades below those which many investors are putting into their rentals.

QUOTE(cw68 @ Jul 14 2007, 12:16 PM) View Post
Congrats, Lisa! Seems like you did it right. Isn't selling the object of putting your house on the market? Asking more takes longer, which means you're paying more mortgage payments, and, usually in this market, means taking offers under listing. IMHO, it's almost always worth it to price it reasonably for the market and right now, that means on the low end. Every buyer out there is looking for a deal, not like two years ago when they were just looking for a house.

#11 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:02 AM

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the questions...as proper marketing to all the MLS subscribers is extremely important in this market...and since Sac area has some 2500+ agents, getting them out to see one house out of 400 in Folsom can be a challenge, let alone to all 3000+ listings in the general sac area alone....

Both houses hit the MLS, as required unless the owners dont want them too, but you must have a written signed form...and i never recommend that method...why limit your exposure?

In the first week of being on the market....1037 had 36 different agents and 16 individuals or couples walk thru the property from all different brokerage firms.

1029 had 32 showings during the first 3 days..(10 agents the first day on the market and 22 during the open house).( Parkway only allows you to do an open house on Sunday). We had our 3 offer's by the 3rd day...

But the best and final accepted offer came from agents within my own Keller Williams office...

It did not surprise me since statisically KW had the highest market share in number of home sold in Folsom May 2007. We have 150 agents in our office....

Of course when I go to list a home, i immediately showcase it in my weekly office meeting every tuesday...schedule open houses the first weekend and put it on brokers tour...exposure, exposure, exposure....

Each one of those agent that saw those 2 homes had equal time and opportunity to put in their best offer...needless to see my clients were thrilled...
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#12 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(FolsomRider @ Jul 16 2007, 02:33 AM) View Post
On this idea, I'm seeing a great many people who "just bought a house", many being their first, with a ton of money left over for addons.... People writing checks for over $10,000 before escrow closes. Sounds like a deal has been gotten.

On the other side, I see a great many sellers doing crappy upgrades, just so it looks good... Putting in stuff that i would probably rip out before moving in. Fixes and upgrades below those which many investors are putting into their rentals.

and dont think the buyers are fooled by crappy upgrades either....bad workmanship is actually worse....

the mistake a lot of sellers make is when upgrading to sell the property, is to do upgrades to their specific tastes instead of upgrading with modern styles... in modern neutral colors...some just dont have a sense of what currently looks good...get help before you do this...consult with a professional, visit model homes ect...I have heard many a buyers say" what were they thinking? and it discounts the house...

upgrading takes a lot of time and money so a lot of thought should go into it....

most of us agents are happy to work with our sellers before this process...we can show them what things buyers are looking for, not looking for ect before they sink a bunch of money into something they may not get to recoup...
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#13 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Jul 16 2007, 08:02 AM) View Post
It did not surprise me since statisically KW had the highest market share in number of home sold in Folsom May 2007. We have 150 agents in our office....

Of course when I go to list a home, i immediately showcase it in my weekly office meeting every tuesday...schedule open houses the first weekend and put it on brokers tour...exposure, exposure, exposure....

Each one of those agent that saw those 2 homes had equal time and opportunity to put in their best offer...needless to see my clients were thrilled...

This showcases one of the main reasons I recommend working with a local agent. This same thing sold my last house and it's how we bought our first house.

Anyone else here hooked on "Designed to Sell?" I've been watching it for a really long time and just saw an old high school friend as the agent on one of the Chicago shows.

#14 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

i love to watch property ladder as well as flip this house.....great entertainment as well as lessons to learn...
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#15 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Jul 16 2007, 03:58 PM) View Post
i love to watch property ladder as well as flip this house.....great entertainment as well as lessons to learn...

Flip this House or Flip that House? It's confusing, isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users