• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elfstone

elfstone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi good people of Lexinton Hills. This is my first post, so please bare with me. We live on Silberhorn Drive on the South side. We're having an issue with one of neighbor leaving their dog dropping on our front lawn. The folks that do this always do this when we are not home or early in the morning or late at night, so we haven't caught them in the act. But, we have an idea who these good folks may be. If your wondering, we don't have a dog ourselves, we do have a indoor cat and we dispose of his waste in a resposible manner. If you've had this issue, please advise on how to deal with it.

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Save up the "presents" until you are sure of who is leaving them, and then kindly return them to their rightful owner...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have a neighbor who made a little wooden sign with a dog squatting and written under it is, "please don't leave it here." If the dog is going in the same general area, putting that sign up for a while might make them take the hint.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Motion sensor sprinklers. Aim it about waist level to make sure you get both dog and owner. The dog at least may learn his lesson.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#5 HiC

HiC

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian who loves basketball, golf and baseball (go Giants).

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I have a dog that I walk regularly along Silberhorn, typically on the south side. I always carry at least two bags with me in case my pooch gets the urge more than once. I have also seen nuggets on different lawns and this bothers me because my dog also has a taste for the stuff. It's not my cup of tea but she likes it so I always have to look ahead and keep her away.

I don't know why folks can't clean up after their dogs. I once saw a woman on a trail as her dog did his business and then she started to walk away. I asked her if she was going to pick up after him and she got irritated with me and said she would do so "on the way back". When I pointed out the doggie pot less than 10 yards away, she just gave me "the look" and walked away.

Some people just feel that the world is their personal trash can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users