17 replies to this topic

#16 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Wow, $205 for an $8 capacitor!  Gotta love that...  I guess I'm in the wrong line of work.

Going to be in the market for a new unit soon so appreciate the heads up.   It's always good to keep these guys honest.  If exposing them on a forum is what it takes, so be it...

Would you mind sharing your home's square footage?

Yep, They should call those two Mr President and Vice President. Certainly are practicing for it.

#17 31flies

31flies

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

As a general rule: if you hear Armstrong and Ghetty promoting a company- RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION. I agree with their politics but they are major-league LIARS and don't care about the community AT ALL!!! They are GIANT pieces of crap. Apparently I am a right-winger because I believe the government should be held accountable for the money they take from us...a notion common on 650am... but these guys guys are HORRIBLE LIARS AND WHORES. They will sell ANYTHING for a paycheck.

Avoid buying ANYTHING Armstrong and Ghetty are pushing. 

#18 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

As a general rule: if you hear Armstrong and Ghetty promoting a company- RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION. I agree with their politics but they are major-league LIARS and don't care about the community AT ALL!!! They are GIANT pieces of crap. Apparently I am a right-winger because I believe the government should be held accountable for the money they take from us...a notion common on 650am... but these guys guys are HORRIBLE LIARS AND WHORES. They will sell ANYTHING for a paycheck.

Avoid buying ANYTHING Armstrong and Ghetty are pushing. 

Well I went ahead and nursed the in house blower motor in the AC/Heater.    During the heat spell last week it ran great but it started squealing a little.   Went ahead and opened up the unit and oiled the original motor.    Ran well again through the heat wave.   During the mild weather it started making noise again and shut down.    There was a burning electrical smell.     Immediately cut off the power and dismantled the unit again.     The motor was hot to the touch.      Under closer examination the shaft had a lot of wear after 26 years of use.   

Immediately got the GE Trane Heater/AC Unit part numbers and got on the phone for a motor replacement.    I ran into an issue.  The places called would not sell me a replacement motor without a contractors license.      I spoke with a Folsom A/C business owner and he referred me to Standard Appliance in Downtown Sacramento (corner of 19th and S st.).    The Standard Appliance person retrieved my model and part numbers and ordered the part for the next day delivery.     I "Will Called"  the factory OEM replacement motor and had the motor installed in less than 24 hours.     The price for the factory OEM replacement motor was in range and very reasonable.

There is a problem with a "civilian" purchasing HVAC parts.   But there are still suppliers that will sell to us normal folks so if you have an emergency with your AC......give Standard Appliance a call.

99uWNXR.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HVAC, AC repair, heating and air

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users