38 replies to this topic

#31 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

I'm not in the market for a new pet, but I love the fact that you promote adopting animals from the shelter. We got our pooch, who is going on 10 now, from a rescue shelter. She's wonderful. :)

Thank you. So many people do not know about the shelter - I just want to get the word out. Shelter animals are very very special. I just adopted a Chihuahua from the shelter last year and she is so wonderful..
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#32 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

All 4 of our pets are shelter/rescue pets. Dusty (in the photo) was in a shelter in Palm Springs when we got her 9 years ago. McCovey was 7 months old on Wednesday and we got her from a rescue in AZ (TGianco's niece!) She's been quite the handful but we still love her. She doesn't do well being left home if we go out. She'll eat things if she's left inside - big things, like furniture.
:wacko:

Our two cats we got from BRAH as kittens about 18 months ago. They were tiny then, now pretty huge. They're handfuls too (lots of scratches on my leather furniture) but they are totally awesome.

We're all full up for now but will always look for shelter animals when we are ready.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#33 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

I'm not sure if anyone from here adopted in the past few days but I wanted to say THANK YOU in case someone did.

7 cats/kittens were adopted since my post... WOOT WOOT!!!! YEA!!!!! :cheer:

Baldwin
Sophia and Dale Rodgers adopted together!
Sterling Silver
Redbeard
Tiger
Zebra

P.S - there is a lovely 10 year old cat that needs a forever home... She was found as a stray but is wonderful.. Do you have room in your heart for an older cat? :wub:

"Until they all have homes"
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#34 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Just another reminder from little old me again...

The Folsom Shelter is "loaded" with cats. I think there is only 1 kitten who is about 4 months old available. Some of these older cats have been at the shelter for months now. I do have to say that they are enjoying the new adoption room (it has amazing views, lots of people who visit and a new 6 foot scratching post) but I KNOW they would LOVE to have forever homes.

If you were considering adopting, please stop by Blue Ravine Animal Hospital and check out all the sweeties in the cat adoption room. 916-984-0990

Thanks for reading! :)

Wobbles is the black and white sweetie.
Toes is the all black sweetie (with extra toes hence his name!)
Neo is a great 8 year old male cat that gets along with other cats and dogs.

"Until They All Have Homes"

Attached Files

#35 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Cindy Walden and I were on Good Day Sacramento yesterday showing off some adorable bottle feeding kittens and chatting about the City Animal Shelter. :2thumbsup:

I hope this link works????
http://video.sacrame...inment&h1=Truck Tracker Part 3&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Still lots and lots of adult cats at the shelter that needs homes... It will get harder to find them home with kitten season now apon us...

Also, a few new dogs have just arrived... Check them out...

Thanks again..
:P

Oh and Go SHARKS!!! HAHA

#36 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Cindy Walden and I were on Good Day Sacramento yesterday showing off some adorable bottle feeding kittens and chatting about the City Animal Shelter. :2thumbsup:

I hope this link works????
http://video.sacramento.cbslocal.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=5812017&at1=Entertainment&h1=Truck Tracker Part 3&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Still lots and lots of adult cats at the shelter that needs homes... It will get harder to find them home with kitten season now apon us...

Also, a few new dogs have just arrived... Check them out...

Thanks again..
:P

Oh and Go SHARKS!!! HAHA

Vicki-
Love the video. You are beautiful inside and out!

#37 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Vicki-
Love the video. You are beautiful inside and out!

Ahhh - you just made me blush.. :blush:

I just want to help.. that's all.

#38 Gigi342

Gigi342

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the concern about animal everyone
!! :) The Brawdshaw shelter is very full of dogs and cats! We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Our 2 dogs were about 2 go to the shelter and 1 of my cats was a stray and the other was in petsmart adoptions so clearly we are full or i would go adopt 10 more!

#39 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

City of Folsom Mobile Adoption
Saturday 5/14 11-3
Broadstone Racquetball Club
820 Halidon Way
Folsom, CA 95630
Come meet a few of our adult cats up for adoption
Wobbles, Monkey and Valley will be there...

Please come by and support our Shelter.

Fan4Ricci
Go Sharks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users