53 replies to this topic

#46 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

Why cant they build a new arena w/o tax payers $? i still cant understand why the maloofs cant foot the bill since they will see the profit and get the money. Just seems like everytime you turn around there is another reason to gouge the taxpayers and for what? sports/entertainment venue? i think we have bigger issues to resolve regionally and statewide.

Why do you assume the Maloofs have $500-$600 million they can spend?

#47 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Have you ever been to a King's game or watched them play on TV?
- just curious

Mediocre seats, parking , and hotdogs/beer for 4 people is $ 500

Face it, the entertainment value is not there when you can watch it for free.

Also, as far as the Arena, I'd be all for helping finance if there was some type of profit sharing or benefit. Otherwise we're just paying to increase the value of someone's private business.

(How about putting an Arena and baseball stadium on SOI just across from Best Buy ? A's/Raiders/Kings super complex)

#48 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Also, as far as the Arena, I'd be all for helping finance if there was some type of profit sharing or benefit. Otherwise we're just paying to increase the value of someone's private business.

(How about putting an Arena and baseball stadium on SOI just across from Best Buy ? A's/Raiders/Kings super complex)

Only if it comes with a train (or monorail?) that goes from Sutter Street out to S50 for Folsom residents so we don't have to pay for parking and we can entice visitors into town for shopping :) I know there's a thousand reasons why that won't work, but it sounds kind of fun.

#49 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

That's not true.

$10 seats are always available. Parking is $10. Beers are about $6.50 I believe and hotdogs are around $4. Nowhere near $500.

#50 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

That's not true.

$10 seats are always available. Parking is $10. Beers are about $6.50 I believe and hotdogs are around $4. Nowhere near $500.

not so quick, you could park and then have 49 hotdogs with beer.

#51 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

Are you serious, do you think this collective council is going to do anything that would limit the maximum profit the land investors will reap by NOT approving as much residential as possible S50?

#52 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

Are you serious, do you think this collective council is going to do anything that would limit the maximum profit the land investors will reap by NOT approving as much residential as possible S50?

don't forget more empty mini malls and corner liquor stores and gas stations too

I'm still amazed at the large number of houses that were crammed onto an old horse property on Bidwell after I moved here, those houses are so close to each other they can probably hear their neighbors when they sneeze or pass gas

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#53 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

There is no money in Sports ? No tax dollars ?

#54 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Oh lord, one thing I DON'T want for Folsom is a collossal wart on the land like most new stadiums are. The one they put up in Glendale AZ a few years ago for the Cardinals is really obscene.

200 feet tall! Nothing around it for miles but tract homes. It's like a giant fungus.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users