#151 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Sep 7 2007, 02:46 PM) View Post
No! He grabbed my boob at a pre-Outback Bowl tailgate (Then it was the Hall of Fame Bowl). Perv. I just got what his family (real family) calls the "half-Thompson" since he just reached around for one. Apparently he does this enough that his family have coined his gropings as the half- and full-Thompson.

Did you go to the Hall of Fame game in 1995 when they played Duke? I drove down from Madison with a bunch of friends to go to the game. That was a blast. I think the stadium was 3/4 Badger fans.

Have you been to a Rose Bowl game yet? The experience was just amazing!

#152 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Sep 7 2007, 03:00 PM) View Post
Did you go to the Hall of Fame game in 1995 when they played Duke? I drove down from Madison with a bunch of friends to go to the game. That was a blast. I think the stadium was 3/4 Badger fans.

Have you been to a Rose Bowl game yet? The experience was just amazing!

That's the one I went to. Remember Duke's buttons? "Beat Wisconsin!" Drove down, too, for the game and then continued down to Key West for the yearly trip. My sister and her husband also drove down for the game and dropped their kids off at my parents' house, which was about an hour away.

I went to the Rose Bowl in 1994. smile.gif That was amazing! Unfortunately, I haven't been since. I am going to the next one, however. I'm hoping for a Cal/Badger Rose Bowl one of these days so I could go with a good Cal alum friend. We'd kick their butts!

#153 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Sep 7 2007, 02:46 PM) View Post
No! He grabbed my boob at a pre-Outback Bowl tailgate (Then it was the Hall of Fame Bowl). Perv. I just got what his family (real family) calls the "half-Thompson" since he just reached around for one. Apparently he does this enough that his family have coined his gropings as the half- and full-Thompson.

No offense, but I think you're.......oh, never mind. Don't want to be too controversial.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#154 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Sep 7 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post
That's the one I went to. Remember Duke's buttons? "Beat Wisconsin!" Drove down, too, for the game and then continued down to Key West for the yearly trip. My sister and her husband also drove down for the game and dropped their kids off at my parents' house, which was about an hour away.

I went to the Rose Bowl in 1994. smile.gif That was amazing! Unfortunately, I haven't been since. I am going to the next one, however. I'm hoping for a Cal/Badger Rose Bowl one of these days so I could go with a good Cal alum friend. We'd kick their butts!

Tampa was a blast. Ybor City on New Year's Eve... just full of Badger fans celebrating. It turned into a sea of red. Amazing to see. Duke didn't stand a chance.

I was at the 1999 and 2000 Rose Bowls. Drove down from Monterey when I lived there. So many Badger fans around Pasadena. Nothing like it... seeing the Badgers win the "Granddaddy of Them All"! My brother flew out from Wisconsin to take part in the 2000 victory.

At least you have a story to tell with Tommy and the grab.

#155 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 7 2007, 07:35 PM) View Post
No offense, but I think you're.......oh, never mind. Don't want to be too controversial.

No, I'm not... oh, never mind.

I used to run in the same circles with him when he was Governor and I worked for a large state labor association. I had had dinner with him a couple of weeks before the game and ran into him at the tailgate. He asked if my sister and I wanted a photo op and swooped in. My brother-in-law's face was priceless when it happened. I was more than willing to think it was a mistake until I saw my bro-in-law's face. Tommy's cousin was a hockey coach a few years later with my bro-in-law who ran the state hockey league at the time. Dave relayed his story to the cousin and that's where we found out about the terms his family uses. Reason number 610 that Tommy Thompson will never be President. He grabs anything apparently.

#156 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

OMG! Just noticed the subtitle said Best Conference this year. Care to amend that?

The Big Ten blows! Lol.

Nice showings yesterday by THE (funny unto itself) Ohio State U., the Cheeseheads (way to struggle against UNLV... at home, no less) and then, the everyone's new favorite whipping boy, Michigan.

Will Lloyd Carr be working a chair on ESPN before or after Thanksgiving?
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#157 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Sep 9 2007, 08:31 AM) View Post
OMG! Just noticed the subtitle said Best Conference this year. Care to amend that?

The Big Ten blows! Lol.

Nice showings yesterday by THE (funny unto itself) Ohio State U., the Cheeseheads (way to struggle against UNLV... at home, no less) and then, the everyone's new favorite whipping boy, Michigan.

Will Lloyd Carr be working a chair on ESPN before or after Thanksgiving?

Not a great performance at all yesterday... but when the Badgers needed a score... they got it. Nice run by Donovan to get into the end zone on a 30 yard play. Defense finally showed up on UNLVs last drive.

The game was not at home... it was in Las Vegas. It might appeared to be a home game for the Badgers... because there were more fans from Wisconsin in the stands. They had a stat yesterday that said... UNLV has 4 sell outs ever for football... all when they played Wisconsin.

Every Big Ten team won yesterday... except Michigan. So if all that matters is the "W"... then they got it done. tongue.gif The subtitle to the topic was for last season... I have no problems amending it for this year! It is definitely NOT the best. Think Pac 10 or SEC... heck maybe even the Big East.

#158 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Sep 9 2007, 10:05 AM) View Post
Not a great performance at all yesterday... but when the Badgers needed a score... they got it. Nice run by Donovan to get into the end zone on a 30 yard play. Defense finally showed up on UNLVs last drive.

The game was not at home... it was in Las Vegas. It might appeared to be a home game for the Badgers... because there were more fans from Wisconsin in the stands. They had a stat yesterday that said... UNLV has 4 sell outs ever for football... all when they played Wisconsin.

Every Big Ten team won yesterday... except Michigan. So if all that matters is the "W"... then they got it done. tongue.gif The subtitle to the topic was for last season... I have no problems amending it for this year! It is definitely NOT the best. Think Pac 10 or SEC... heck maybe even the Big East.

You might want to amend the subtitle for last year as well. The Big 10 wasn't the best in 2006 either. tongue.gif

#159 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Sep 9 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
You might want to amend the subtitle for last year as well. The Big 10 wasn't the best in 2006 either. tongue.gif

That was before the big collapse by Ohio State and Michigan. It definitely became apparent after the bowl games. smile.gif

#160 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Sep 9 2007, 11:02 AM) View Post
That was before the big collapse by Ohio State and Michigan. It definitely became apparent after the bowl games. smile.gif

There were some on here who knew the Big 10 was way OVER RATED before the bowl games. The bowl games confirmed what some people here already knew.

Congratulations on the Badgers win, again doing what they have to do, to win games! I'm starting to suspect the Badgers may not be strong as you are hoping they are. The season is still young and as long as they run the table and go undefeated they may get into the BCS championship game. If Michigan turns things around and starts winning games in the conference its could hurt rankings of other Big 10 teams.

LSU sure looked good yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users