9 replies to this topic

#1 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

I need to find a hair salon that does the locks of love thing. Anyone have any experience with this?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#2 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

The SuperCuts over by Trader Joe's/Lowe's does it. The last time my DD did it, they did not even charge for the hair cut. I think most of the other major chains also participate.

#3 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

The Supercuts mentioned above does do it - for no charge and they will send it to Locks of Love for you, however, I would warn you to MAKE SURE you get a stylist who has done a Locks of Love cut before. I have taken my daughter there twice in the past three years for LOL and the first time she ended up with a very cute cut (she cut off 11 inches). The second time we also planned to cut off about 10-11 inches, but the stylist had no idea what she was doing and cut off close to 13. She fumbled around and my daughter left with a horrendous cut! I had to go to a more upscale shop to get it fixed. I think most salons will cut your hair so that it is eligible for Locks of Love (has to be bound in a ponytail, dry hair, etc.) but they may charge you or make you send it in yourself.

#4 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Call Fusion Salon (over by Starbucks across from Sports Authority) in the mall next to Palladio. Ask if Danielle Sherman or another stylist there does it. Their # is 988-8585.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thank you all!

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

My daughter had it done at the place ( can't remember the name) next to the Belaire in the Broadstone shopping center. She and a friend went over there together. She was just going for a trim and ended up deciding on a short look.
The lady asked if my daughter would like to donate, then explained how it would work. She came home with a beautiful look and a big smile.
Made my day.

#7 MnT

MnT

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

ULTA also provides the haircut and sends in the hair for free. :)

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

Okay four years later, same question. I have another 8 to 10 inches to donate. Any recent experience in Folsom? Thanks!

#9 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

I hope you get good direction. Its wonderful that you are doing this! Our son just finished chemo and is in remission. He decided to shave his head before the chemo took it from him. Our teen outreach person told us how painful it is when patients lose their hair because its out of their control....that some hold on to it as long as possible, even if just a few strands are left. The wigs are a great alternative for patients to help them feel "normal", good luck finding a place...

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

Okay four years later, same question. I have another 8 to 10 inches to donate. Any recent experience in Folsom? Thanks!

No experience personally, but if you go to www.locksoflove.org/get-involved/ it gives directions on how to donate yourself.  It sounds like you can go anywhere to get your hair cut, but it needs to be a minimum 10 inches in the form of a braid or ponytail and not highlighted hair and some other conditions.  It gives instructions on how you can mail in the donation yourself.  Have you tried calling French Twist?  I thought there was a little girl getting her hair cut for donation when I was in there one time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users