Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Great game, great win, great season.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

What a blowout  68 - 7....

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

An absolutely dominating performance.  A national ranking well-deserved.  Thank you for a tremendous season.  Let the celebration commence.  When's the parade?  (Hopefully, before Jan 6, cuz Browning will be gone to UW after that...)

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Browning's gone in Januarry?

#5 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Jake goes from being a Bulldog to being a Husky.  Go Huskies!!!

#6 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Browning's gone in Januarry?

They talked about it on the telecast yesterday. Apparently it is standard now for key players to start in January so they can do spring training and get a head start on learning about the team.

#7 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

So Browning times it to graduate in Dec? How does that work with trimesters? Also, my kids told me that he's 20, is that true? Seems fishy to me.

#8 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

My daughter could have graduated early, I've known some kids that have done it. I know he stayed back one year at some point, he was in the same class as my daughter in fifth grade and she graduated in June.

#9 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

High school is on a semester schedule.

They just finished final exams-- very stressful for the kids!!

#10 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

My daughter could have graduated early, I've known some kids that have done it. I know he stayed back one year at some point, he was in the same class as my daughter in fifth grade and she graduated in June.

Redshirted so he is more physically mature than his classmates. I hope it is not true. Reminds me of a basketball centric family that held all their children back for the same reason. Gaming the system.

#11 Duke

Duke

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Go Folsom !!!

#12 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Um....I'd hold my kid back one year if it meant playing off the charts football and earning a FULL PAID scholarship to a nice college. Especially since my kid started school on the young side and will graduate at 17.

#13 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

Um....I'd hold my kid back one year if it meant playing off the charts football and earning a FULL PAID scholarship to a nice college. Especially since my kid started school on the young side and will graduate at 17.

If you think all you need to do is hold your kid back and you'll get all this success you're very mistaken. And it's really part of the problem, especially with parents whose kids are under-achievers at their appropriate age sports and they need to "play off the charts" with kids younger than them to be noticed. 

#14 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

Especially since my kid started school on the young side and will graduate at 17.

That means he will be a senior at 16.  And no, I'm not that mistaken to think that by merely holding my kid back one year it'll make him the next Tom Brady.  ....All I need to do is hold my kid back and he'll get all this success.......who friggin even thinks like that. 

#15 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

He's 18.  He repeated 8th grade.  Geez, give the kid a break.  He is an awesome player, very humble, and a really good kid.  He works really hard.  Instead of making up rumors that he is 20 (who would seriously believe that?), talk about his accomplishments.  That team has had an awesome year.  Be happy to see a local team, comprised of a group of local kids, do something great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users