55 replies to this topic

#46 folsom market

folsom market

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Folsom Market, could you find someone with eggs? I would come every week for that! Eggs and good bread!

I will look into it . Maybe I can find an egg vendor at another market and get them to come to ours as well. Will keep you posted :)

#47 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

EDH has an egg vendor that splits his time every other week between EDH & Carmichael....maybe you could woo him away to Folsom.

#48 folsom market

folsom market

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

EDH has an egg vendor that splits his time every other week between EDH & Carmichael....maybe you could woo him away to Folsom.
I like that idea :)

#49 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I went to the market in Carmichael Park this morning. it was awesome!!!

Not only was the venue in a tree shaded park fantastic, but the selection with multiple vendors selling similar & different produce & other things, but best of all, the prices were 50% less than one would see in Folsom or EDH... and the portion size was huge!

There was some really unusual things there...like elephant kale, broccoli greens, purple been beans, one vendor had a big variety of mushrooms, chinese spinach (purple & green). EDH coffee roasters were there -- great coffee! African Market baskets was there. A certified organic cheese homestead vendor (didn't get name, but cheese was great). 2 egg vendors.... so much more!

And then there were just a couple of vendors with 1-3 baskets of fruit displayed & nothing else, and no business. But most everyone else had their tables filled to the brim with an abundance of mouthwatering items.

I'd highly suggest that the Folsom market organizaters go down there and check out, and recreate it in Folsom. Sunday's 9-2.

I have a flyer with the market managers names & phone if anyone wants it. PM me.

#50 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

BTW, just remembered....I talked to nearly every vendor & asked if they would be willing to come to Folsom. It was clear that many of the vendors attend multiple markets, in 1 case 35 markets, a week. Some said it was too far, but most were not aware that Folsom even had a market.

#51 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I talked to the best vendor at Carmichael FM last week, and he is willing to come to Folsom! I'm PM'ing the contact info to you Marc.

Also, do you still want feedback as to which park in Folsom might be a better location for the market? I thought everyone could submit their suggestions.

#52 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

I talked to the best vendor at Carmichael FM last week, and he is willing to come to Folsom! I'm PM'ing the contact info to you Marc.

Also, do you still want feedback as to which park in Folsom might be a better location for the market? I thought everyone could submit their suggestions.

Nice job, Caligirlz! thanks for working on this!!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#53 folsom market

folsom market

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nice job, Caligirlz! thanks for working on this!!

That's great ! And yes , different area's with extra shade are always a plus . Think it will only be 90 this weekend . That's almost cold :) Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys some of the beautiful weather .

#54 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

That's great ! And yes , different area's with extra shade are always a plus . Think it will only be 90 this weekend . That's almost cold :) Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys some of the beautiful weather .

Folsomarket, what can we expect to find tomorrow at the market on Sutter Street?? :) Does anyone have good bread? What fruits are at their peak right now? What other vendors are lined up for this weekend?

#55 folsom market

folsom market

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Folsomarket, what can we expect to find tomorrow at the market on Sutter Street?? :) Does anyone have good bread? What fruits are at their peak right now? What other vendors are lined up for this weekend?

We have sierra rising bakery , which is at many of the markets around The area . They have bread and pastries , as far as breads . We also have a new vendor that has organic produce , Perez red shack . He is at many of the other markets around the area . As well as a couple more veggie vendors ( 4) . Oh'enry peaches are at there peak right now . We have a new olive oil vendor as well (white swan confections ) . As well as my favorite Indian cuisine from Chico called Guzzetti's . I have had many of there foods and they are pretty tasty . The crazy Gringo taco guy will be in as well . Yummy salsa . We of course are searching out some more people to add . And my favorite chiropractor who just welcomed a new bundle of joy to his life will be there also for all your back needs .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sutter-Street-Farmers-Market

#56 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

We have sierra rising bakery , which is at many of the markets around The area . They have bread and pastries , as far as breads . We also have a new vendor that has organic produce , Perez red shack . He is at many of the other markets around the area . As well as a couple more veggie vendors ( 4) . Oh'enry peaches are at there peak right now . We have a new olive oil vendor as well (white swan confections ) . As well as my favorite Indian cuisine from Chico called Guzzetti's . I have had many of there foods and they are pretty tasty . The crazy Gringo taco guy will be in as well . Yummy salsa . We of course are searching out some more people to add . And my favorite chiropractor who just welcomed a new bundle of joy to his life will be there also for all your back needs .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sutter-Street-Farmers-Market

Thanks!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users