5 replies to this topic

#1 iMax

iMax

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

I saw a car and a truck in the southbound lanes of Oak Avenue Pkwy and someone on a backboard. It looked bad, like someone ran a red. I've seen people run through those lights many times over the years before, but this looked particularly serious. It could be the full moon, but people seem to be driving like crazed zombies lately...and that's in broad daylight!
If you do have to die, may you all pass away like my grandfather did, in his sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

Was it about noon today? A gray-ish minivan and a white truck? Didn't see it happen but heard the crash. Hope everyone was okay.

#3 iMax

iMax

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

You heard it? How far away were you?
If you do have to die, may you all pass away like my grandfather did, in his sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(iMax @ Oct 16 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
You heard it? How far away were you?

Walking my dog by the dog park. The emergency crews were there really quickly. There's nothing worse than that metal-on-metal sound.

#5 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

We almost witnessed an accident today (and could have very well possibly been involved, if the driver I was with hadn't been on top of it like she was). Traveling north on Folsom-Auburn and we were turning Left onto Douglas. There's an inside turn lane, a lane where you can either turn left or go straight, then a lane where you go straight. We were in the middle one. The guy in front of us went straight the guy to HIS right decided to turn. Almost plowed right into him. Had he done so, it would have pushed the guy in front of us back into us, as we were in the middle of our turn.

I was glad to NOT be a part of that one, since I was on the messy side.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#6 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

According to the police log, it was a two-car head-on collision with moderate injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users