54 replies to this topic

#16 petro

petro

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:53 AM

howdy- your right, you can always expect something different on those streets, and some old favorites that the kids look forward to seeing every year.

YES, get out and walk and enjoy the people, and music.

#17 GrifnRob's mom

GrifnRob's mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(HiC @ Nov 28 2006, 09:47 AM) View Post

There's a street in Lexington Hills that's always outstanding. It's off Prewett, near Silberhorn. Sorry, but I can't remember the street name. From Silberhorn, turn onto Prewett. Take your first right and then take your first left. The street is on the right. You might want to park and walk. The residents are also very open and friendly.

You take Prewitt and turn right on Thoreau, turn left on Dulverton, and then on the right is Ledgemont (I think...L something!). There's usually a bin for canned food too. It's up already and is one of our holiday traditions!

#18 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Nov 30 2006, 08:45 AM) View Post

I saw that on the news last night also (Channel 3, 11pm news). I jotted down the address..... it is 6425 Meadowhill Drive, Carmichael. There also was a date when it starts officially, but don't remember what that date was. I tried going to www.kcra.com to find the info, but couldn't find it anywhere on their site this morning.

Thats it! I remember them stating it was going to start officially this Friday.

#19 jagayman

jagayman

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

My lights are up. They're not synchonized to music, but they are computer controlled and different -- it takes about 5 minutes to cycle through the sequences.

131 Vierra Circle -- look for the tree on the street lit in orange lights.

My neighbors down the hill from me have their regular display set up as well so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Jason
Jason Gayman
Folsom Weather Webmaster

#20 folsom44

folsom44

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:04 PM

Does anyone know if the lights on Dovewood Court are already up and available for viewing this weekend?

Thanks

#21 kaloo

kaloo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(GrifnRob's mom @ Nov 30 2006, 12:17 PM) View Post

You take Prewitt and turn right on Thoreau, turn left on Dulverton, and then on the right is Ledgemont (I think...L something!). There's usually a bin for canned food too. It's up already and is one of our holiday traditions!

we stopped by...it's beautiful...it will definitely be one of our traditions now too.

#22 JBCA

JBCA

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(petro @ Nov 30 2006, 08:49 AM) View Post

Has anyone ever taken the Christmas eve drive through the housing development accross from Beals Point recreation area. The entire development is lined with lumineries and many houses are decorated, a few Dramatically.

We discovered this neighborhood last year. It was great! It felt like it went on forever. I don't remember what the street name is called on the Folsom-Auburn side, but I know it starts on MacDuff Drive on the Barton Rd side.

#23 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(folsom44 @ Dec 2 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

Does anyone know if the lights on Dovewood Court are already up and available for viewing this weekend?

Thanks

Yes, it's open and available for viewing every night. A change from years past though - it's a walk-through tour this year, no cars, so you have to park nearby (there's a church where you can park near) and walk through the court.

#24 kaloo

kaloo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(jagayman @ Dec 1 2006, 12:25 AM) View Post

My lights are up. They're not synchonized to music, but they are computer controlled and different -- it takes about 5 minutes to cycle through the sequences.

131 Vierra Circle -- look for the tree on the street lit in orange lights.

My neighbors down the hill from me have their regular display set up as well so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Jason

stopped by today!!! looks nice! my son liked your neighbor's too.

#25 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hello All,

We'll be posting pictures up tomorrow but just wanted to let you all know that we've got our lights up - and we talked two other neighbors into joining us in an automated light show set to music.

We're located at 1685 Osborne Ct. in the Parkway off East Natoma & Fergusen. As you drive by, you'll want to set your radio to 101.5 on the FM dial to hear the music!

Be on the lookout for the pics tomorrow!

#26 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:30 PM

You may remember this one from last year:

Youtube.

Or, there's this one: Another youtube show.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#27 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(r&rbyrne @ Dec 5 2006, 02:59 PM) View Post

Hello All,

We'll be posting pictures up tomorrow but just wanted to let you all know that we've got our lights up - and we talked two other neighbors into joining us in an automated light show set to music.

We're located at 1685 Osborne Ct. in the Parkway off East Natoma & Fergusen. As you drive by, you'll want to set your radio to 101.5 on the FM dial to hear the music!

Be on the lookout for the pics tomorrow!

We checked these out tonight. Awesome! You must really get along well with your neighbors to plan that. Good job!

How do you program that?

#28 B&G

B&G

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

xmas.gif Tonight my family and I went to

1685 Osborne (The Best so far in Folsom) My son loved it.... We will be going back in a week or so...My family was just amazed how well put together it was. xmas.gif

Dovewood Court Pretty cool.. We walked it and got drenched but it was worth it. xmas.gif

Ledgemont Court ****Really cool**** The neighbors did a lovely job. xmas.gif

131 Vierra Court ** pretty cool too*** but I think some of the lights were out due to the wind tonight. We will be going back... My son loves the ones with the Music.
xmas.gif

#29 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Dec 8 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

We checked these out tonight. Awesome! You must really get along well with your neighbors to plan that. Good job!

How do you program that?

Hi stacycam,

It's a software program called Animated Lighting. You purchase one module per song and it's been pre-programmed. I hope you tuned your car radio into 101.5 to listen to the music that coincides with the lights!

Oh, we're also the cuckoos that put on the haunted house every Halloween! We'll post info on that when the time comes, of course! wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words,

r&rbyrne

#30 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(r&rbyrne @ Dec 10 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

Hi stacycam,

It's a software program called Animated Lighting. You purchase one module per song and it's been pre-programmed. I hope you tuned your car radio into 101.5 to listen to the music that coincides with the lights!

Oh, we're also the cuckoos that put on the haunted house every Halloween! We'll post info on that when the time comes, of course! wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words,

r&rbyrne

We did tune it to 101.5. We were parked across the street in front of a neighbor's house, and he said, "do you have your radio on?" So even your neighbors are making sure people know about the radio channel. biggrin.gif

I've been tellilng everyone I know to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users