54 replies to this topic

#46 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

This chart indicates that the dam operators knew what they were doing when they "dumped" 200,000 acre feet in December. The lake level now exceeds the level for this date of the wettest year on record and the volume has increased by over 300,000 acre feet (almost 1/3 of capacity) in less than 2 weeks. 

#47 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

Most of us understand why they have to do that in the winter. THAT is not the issue. I have a problem when they dump huge amounts of water in the summer and the lake goes to 5 MPH in August.

#48 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

Most of us understand why they have to do that in the winter. THAT is not the issue. I have a problem when they dump huge amounts of water in the summer and the lake goes to 5 MPH in August.

No actually if you look back you were one of the ones hitting the panic button. I think this was a winter post, no?

If the spillway is done, then we will KNOW FOR A FACT that we have literal *idiots* running water policy in California. 

Here..

#49 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:49 AM

Good Day Sacramento is reporting that we are in for another strong one two punch Thursday through Sunday with a chance for rain on Tuesday as well. Only half way through January and it's looking like we might indeed come out of this drought. Finally!

The snow pack is at 168% of normal level in some spots. The reservoirs are looking great. Right now flooding seems more of a worry than the drought. Like they say, when it rain it pours! :2thumbsup:

#50 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

I still would like to see an effort to store excess runoff underground in the aquifers.

#51 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

The drought is over. Period.

http://www.drroyspen...fornia-drought/

#52 apeman45

apeman45

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

California is a big state.  The drought is over in Northern California as far as surface water is concerned.  The overdrawn aquifers state wide continue to be a huge problem.  I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade.  Let's hope the rain continues but we will always have a water issue somewhere in California.  

http://droughtmonito...Monitor.aspx?CA

#53 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

My wife and I drove out to Folsom lake and you can still see a lot of dirt out there. No even half full.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#54 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

Dumping ~30% of the lakes capacity in 2 weeks will do that. http://cdec.water.ca...ction?resid=FOL

#55 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Um, where do you think all that snow runoff is going to end up? We are still in Jan. too..Calm Down :juggle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users