60 replies to this topic

#16 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

My friends were just trying to be nice as they know about my past problems with flooding. I just felt so bad that they received the ticket. They have been here so many times without any issues. It was just a bummer. The least I can do is pay the $20.00.
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#17 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (jagayman @ Dec 30 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So there is a law for cars that are left for three days? Without marking the tires with chalk, how do they know the cars were undriven for three days?

If it's a CC&R issue, the FPD shouldn't be enforcing it anyways, that should be left to the HOA to resolve, correct?

I am not sure (AFAIK) there is a 72-hour limit, but usually not enforced unless someone calls and complains. I recall its written into the HOA, but since its also a Folsom code, thats usually how the PD gets involved...

#18 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

Update...

I spoke with the guy's fiance'...

They were for parking on the curb/sidewalk... She wasn't sure of the specifics (how far onto the curb/sidewalk).

It would be nice to know exactly where the limit is? The edge of sidewalk groove? or somewhere on the rolled curb...

Oh well, at least thats the most action this forum has seen in quite a while...

Happy new Year!!!

#19 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ Dec 30 2008, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The city needs revenue. Sticking it to people parked 1 inch over the legal limit. Sad.

Just look around town and see how many "for lease" signs are out there...dozens. The city needs to create income somehow.

I hate to agree with you, but you might be right. I've been hearing of more and more people getting these kind of parking and fix-it tickets. Here's one letter from the "Folsom Telegraph."

"Tail light ticket upsets driver
On Dec. 17, I was stopped by a Folsom Police officer for what he claimed was a tail light being out. He gave me a fix-it ticket and I drove home. My wife came out and helped me check the tail lights, but they were both working. I returned to the Folsom Police Department to have the ticket signed off since there was obviously a mistake.

They signed it off, but I was told I still have to pay a $10 paperwork fee. I don’t know why I have to pay the fee when there was nothing wrong.

The officer said the only thing I could do was fight the $10 fee in court, which would end up costing me more.
I think the people of Folsom should know about this.

Raymond Moseley
Folsom"

Here's another letter to the editor in the "Folsom Telegraph" today from someone irked by a fix-it ticket for her brake lights. The letter's author didn't have a grasp of her homophone words, but I'll give her a "break." You'd think the Telegraph would have fixed that for her before printing.

"Fee isn't made clear on fix-it tickets
I just read the letter in the Telegraph from the man who received the ticket for his tail light being out. I live in American River Canyon and routinely see an officer parked at an intersection looking for people to stop. On Halloween day, he got me. First he said I had not come to a complete stop, which I did. Then he said I was talking on my phone, which I wasn't. Then he said I had a break light out. OK, he got me there.
I read the instructions on the ticket over and over to make sure I did it right. I fixed my break light and flagged down the first officer I found. He signed off the ticket and I promptly sent in - all within a week.
Then I get a letter back saying I need to have it signed off and include a $10 fee. Nowhere on the ticket does it mention a fee. What makes me madder than that is the hours an officer will sit just waiting for these minor infractions of the law.
Give me a break - no pun intended.
Elizabeth Scott
Folsom."

So I guess the moral of the story is if the city can't get income through taxes, they'll get it through "fees." Better make sure all our i's are dotted and ts crossed as far as vehicle maintenance, curb parking, seat-belt clicking, etc. On the bright side, I guess that means there isn't enough true crime in Folsom to keep the PD too busy to notice minor infractions.

#20 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

By the way, if no one has caught it, the costs of certain tickets are going up, especially for fix-it type tickets. There were a lot of additional "fees" that are going up, like the cost to register for a traffic class if you get a ticket, etc.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe it was in the Bee's metro section yesterday.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#21 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Dec 31 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, if no one has caught it, the costs of certain tickets are going up, especially for fix-it type tickets. There were a lot of additional "fees" that are going up, like the cost to register for a traffic class if you get a ticket, etc.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe it was in the Bee's metro section yesterday.

So, like they say, if you can't do the time (fees, costs, too) then don't do the crime......

#22 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Dec 31 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the bright side, I guess that means there isn't enough true crime in Folsom to keep the PD too busy to notice minor infractions.

Well, that explains why I always see them chit-chatting behind OSH.

I knew there had to be an explanation.

Hey, guys, put the donuts down and go write some tickets. Pick any stretch of road in town...there are speeders all over Folsom. angry.gif Go bust someone.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#23 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (ChipShot @ Dec 31 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What always bugs me, is I see a far higher percentage of Police officers (versus the general public) chatting on their cell phones WHILE driving... Not just Folsom PD, but everywhere I go. Going on a few "ride-alongs" and knowing some officers, I know these are often not "work-related' calls...

Parked behind OSH?? well, they do need to take a break, write their reports and maybe catch up and share some other info that wouldn't be as easy to do on the radio...

#24 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (FatBear @ Dec 31 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What always bugs me, is I see a far higher percentage of Police officers (versus the general public) chatting on their cell phones WHILE driving... Not just Folsom PD, but everywhere I go. Going on a few "ride-alongs" and knowing some officers, I know these are often not "work-related' calls...

Yes, I know.

It's a double-standard that's been around for generations. Law enforcement seems to have the option of whether or not to obey many laws (including DUI laws)...and nobody is allowed to question them.

Sad that our society allows that. wacko.gif

#25 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (ChipShot @ Dec 31 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knew there had to be an explanation.

Hey, guys, put the donuts down and go write some tickets. Pick any stretch of road in town...there are speeders all over Folsom. angry.gif Go bust someone.

Please list the many dates and times you witnessed the cops behind Osh or is this more of your assumptions?

#26 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

I just received a phone call from Folsom Traffic Sargent, Sargent Emery and he said that there is no drive to give tickets to everyone that is parking on the sidewalks.

He did say that if their patrols are out and see people parking on the sidewalks where people with wheel chairs and people pushing baby strollers can't get past without going out onto the grass or into the road they will give tickets.

If people park on the sidewalks then they should expect to get tickets.

I had a nice talk with Sargent Emery. I thanked him for calling back.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#27 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Dec 31 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just received a phone call from Folsom Traffic Sargent, Sargent Emery and he said that there is no drive to give tickets to everyone that is parking on the sidewalks.

He did say that if their patrols are out and see people parking on the sidewalks where people with wheel chairs and people pushing baby strollers can't get past without going out onto the grass or into the road they will give tickets.

If people park on the sidewalks then they should expect to get tickets.

I had a nice talk with Sargent Emery. I thanked him for calling back.

Great, I see another law suit coming from that jack .. Kemper who is suing the schools for ADA violations.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#28 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (The Dude @ Dec 31 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please list the many dates and times you witnessed the cops behind Osh or is this more of your assumptions?

Don't hold your breath.

#29 New Girl

New Girl

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

My daughter was given a ticket for having a cover on the number plate. We removed the cover, got it signed off at the station and sent it in, as it stated to do on the ticket. We then received the ticket back with a note requesting $10. Sent the ticket and check for $10 and received them back stating the fine was $128. I called the court and was told it was not a fixable ticket and to send the check. My daughter was to receive a point on her license. I called Folsom PD to find out what on earth was going on but got no reply so call the court back. A very helpful lady explained that the code violation was not a fixable one (although it is marked on the ticket that it is fixable) and I could go to the court to get a date to go back the court and argue with the judge. She stated that my daughter would not get a point on her license. Who knows? I am unable to get to the court twice on the off chance this would be altered so paid up and am keeping my fingers crossed that the second clerk was the more knowledgeable. The officer who signed off the ticket stated he was surprised that my daughter had received a ticket for such a minor violation and said it must have been a very quiet day. Still cost me $128 and more time than I would like to have spent on sorting it all out.

#30 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (New Girl @ Dec 31 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My daughter was given a ticket for having a cover on the number plate.

Actually, that's serious.

Those covers are designed to mask the plate # in the event that one of those red-light cameras takes a picture of your daughter running a red light...your daughter was no-doubt aware of that, so I don't really have much sympathy for her and the $128 ticket.

I see many vehicles with those covers...wish the cops would ticket every single one of them.

BTW, why are you paying your daughter's ticket ?? wacko.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users