lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Feb 26 2008, 09:56 AM) View Post
Just out of curiousity---

How would you feel if the business' turned that around and did the same to you?

Put a web page up showing the faces and names of people who have hurt their business through theft or fraud or vandalism?

Isnt theft, fraud or vandalism against the law?
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Feb 26 2008, 11:47 AM) View Post
Isnt theft, fraud or vandalism against the law?

Why yes, I believe it is.

#18 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Feb 26 2008, 12:13 PM) View Post
Why yes, I believe it is.

Personal moral ethics can be used to override what is lawful or unlawful.

What's the difference between unlawful and illegal?

One is something that's against the law, and the other is a sick bird.
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Feb 26 2008, 09:56 AM) View Post
How would you feel if the business' turned that around and did the same to you?

Put a web page up showing the faces and names of people who have hurt their business through theft or fraud or vandalism?

sounds good!

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(davburr @ Feb 26 2008, 01:35 PM) View Post
sounds good!

my thoughts exactly....but reporting a bad experience, bad customer service or problems with a company so that others dont experience the same situation is what free speech is all about.

If I state the facts regarding a situation,and others use that knowledge to use or not use the company its all up to them....

Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#21 gseay

gseay

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Warren G @ Feb 25 2008, 03:29 PM) View Post
A couple of years ago the local BBB wanted my business pay a fee and join the BBB, so I looked into what they're doing for people now. There doesn't seem to be many people utilizing them for complaints or anything related to giving businesses a good reputation. If someone called about my business all they would be told is that we're a member with no complaints. Big deal.

They want businesses to pay to join, but then there's no benefit for the business except they can say they're a member of the BBB. It's like paying a fee to become a "screened dentist" or giving "spicy" a free lunch so he'll give the eatery 4 stars.

Another option...

Department of Consumer Affairs
Ste D
10220 Systems Pkwy, Sacramento, CA 95827
(916) 255-4200
www.dca.ca.gov

#22 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Feb 26 2008, 04:09 PM) View Post
my thoughts exactly....but reporting a bad experience, bad customer service or problems with a company so that others dont experience the same situation is what free speech is all about.

If I state the facts regarding a situation,and others use that knowledge to use or not use the company its all up to them....

mmm-yes--But I think you misunderstood the point I was making.

That's ok--though.

#23 firestoneEDH

firestoneEDH

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(dada @ Feb 24 2008, 03:30 PM) View Post
I have been to the El Dorado Hills Auto Care on Green Valley Rd several times for oil changes and received good quality service. They are now owned by Firestone. After a recent service visit, they recommended that I replace my radiator and battery for ~$600. I was expecting a $30 oil change! I declined and took my car to a shop that I know and trust to have Firestone's recommendations checked out. They confirmed that the radiator and battery were fine and did not need replaced. I'm not sure if this is how Firestone plans to do business so beware.

I have a question. Did you ask to be shown what was wrong with your radiator and battery or ask why Firestone was recommending replacing them. Did you ask to speak with a manager after another shop disagreed with the diagnosis. I can assure you your request would be taken seriously and dealt with promptly and courteously. I can also assure you that the technician making the recommendations is the same one that you trusted your car with when it was El Dorado Hills Auto Care because we retained all the employees of EDH Auto Care. There might be a miscommunication, a misunderstanding, or even a mistake in this case but nothing can be done to remedy the situation if it is not brought to the attention of myself, the manager, or any of my employees. We absolutely run an ethical shop and I implore you or anyone else who has tried out our services to come by, call, or even write a letter to tell me how your visit went, good or bad. I am ALWAYS interested in hearing what my customers think and doing whatever is necessary to make them feel like they received a good value and an honest service!

Sincerely,

Matt Miller
General Manager
Firestone El Dorado Hills

#24 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Feb 24 2008, 03:39 PM) View Post
Did you get their recommendations in writing?

Did you pay for the 2nd opinion?

If you said yes to both, I would go back to Firestone and ask for the manager or owner and see what they think. I would suggest they offer to pay for the 2nd opinion as it was their recommendation that made you go get the second opinion, and if the manager or owner doesn't want to correct, tell them fine, that you'll be sending copies of both to Firestone corporate informing them you will never do business at a Firestone store again and that you will be telling all your friends about their practices.

Bill Z was some good suggestions. After reading the letter from the EDH store manager I bet you could go in and get some answers and a refund if you press the issue. rolleyes.gif

#25 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yet... another option:

Dept. of Consumer Affairs (stop it, I know what you're thinking!)
California Bureau of Automotive Repair
http://www.bar.ca.gov/ <--- not a drinkin' bar!

Good luck.
5hannon

#26 tonylee

tonylee

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi All,

Here was my story with one of the Firestone store (in Citrus Heights in fact). I had a flat tire and brought my SUV in so they could replace a new one for me. However, the guys said that since my SUV is full-time 4WD, so they couldn't just replace a single one. They would need to replace all four and it would cost me about $1000.

I don't know much about car so I'm not sure what they suggested were honest or not. What is your opions?

#27 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(tonylee @ Jul 4 2008, 12:21 PM) View Post
Hi All,

Here was my story with one of the Firestone store (in Citrus Heights in fact). I had a flat tire and brought my SUV in so they could replace a new one for me. However, the guys said that since my SUV is full-time 4WD, so they couldn't just replace a single one. They would need to replace all four and it would cost me about $1000.

I don't know much about car so I'm not sure what they suggested were honest or not. What is your opions?

Even if your car was 12 wheel drive it wouldn't need all new ones if only one was flat. Are the other tires worn to the point of needing replacement? Of course they want to sell more than 1 tire, that's their business. But with that logic seems to me they were trying to rip you off. Go to America's Tire in Folsom by Home Depot, they won't rip you off.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#28 tonylee

tonylee

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

My other tires were in good condition. In fact, the one was flat due to a nail got into it.

#29 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(tonylee @ Jul 4 2008, 12:21 PM) View Post
Hi All,

They were trying to rip you off. Yes, with all time 4 wheel drive, the system wants all of the tires to have the same rolling resistance, but the difference in rolling circumference from one tire having fewer miles on it compared to the rest won't be a big deal, if the tread was getting pretty low on all the tires, then it might be worth it to change them all. I do presume you were putting the exact same make & size tire on as a replacement. If it was a diffferent manufacturer, but a similar looking tread, then I might agree with the mechanics as different mfrs might not have the exact same size tire even though the size description is the same.
I would rather be Backpacking

#30 BeachLover

BeachLover

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

My sister recently had service done at Firestone EDH and was very satisfied with the service and the staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users