144 replies to this topic

#136 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

I just hope nothing public ever happens to my kids where complete strangers could judge my parenting. None of us are safe under a microscope.

#137 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Mar 28 2008, 08:29 AM) View Post
I just hope nothing public ever happens to my kids where complete strangers could judge my parenting. None of us are safe under a microscope.

Not so fast, my friend. Here's the deal, as I see it. This family was more than happy to let MyFolsom, a public forum, help in finding Kacie. They used some pretty strong and inflammatory language, warning us of her being abducted, drugged, and sexually exploited. That kind of talk can get people anxious, and if unfounded, is irresponsible. It's the 'boy that cried wolf' and 'girl claims rape then recants' scenarios. What we need to know is "was this attack true", and if not, why did they employ such tactics and rhetoric? What prompted them to do this? What made them think such an attack was happening? After all, if they had knowledge of that actually happening, shouldn't we know more specifics? Is there something they know that we should know? How did they know the Bay Area was involved? I think many people agree with me and want some kind of closure and answers on this, but may not want to say so for fear of being bullied here. But that's fine...I'll take the bullets...they don't hurt much, and I can handle it. I won't say they abused the public trust on this, but there are some questions that I think need to be answered.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#138 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Mar 28 2008, 08:54 AM) View Post
Not so fast, my friend. Here's the deal, as I see it. This family was more than happy to let MyFolsom, a public forum, help in finding Kacie. They used some pretty strong and inflammatory language, warning us of her being abducted, drugged, and sexually exploited. That kind of talk can get people anxious, and if unfounded, is irresponsible. It's the 'boy that cried wolf' and 'girl claims rape then recants' scenarios. What we need to know is "was this attack true", and if not, why did they employ such tactics and rhetoric? What prompted them to do this? What made them think such an attack was happening? After all, if they had knowledge of that actually happening, shouldn't we know more specifics? Is there something they know that we should know? How did they know the Bay Area was involved? I think many people agree with me and want some kind of closure and answers on this, but may not want to say so for fear of being bullied here. But that's fine...I'll take the bullets...they don't hurt much, and I can handle it. I won't say they abused the public trust on this, but there are some questions that I think need to be answered.

hold your horses too Chip... the family wasn't on here "bothering" you, it was a friend of the family who was TRYING TO HELP.

Everything you mentioned was what their worse fears were - you really gotta stop trying to read more into it then there was.

It's called irrational fear - if you had children of your own, you'd be able to better understand how easily that can happen if your child were to go missing for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

Why are you and darth being such hard arses about it all? Can't you just understand that a parents love for a child goes beyond all reasoning?

If it bothers you and darth so much that someone was asking for help to find their child - no matter what the circumstances were - then just ignore the thread

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#139 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Mar 28 2008, 09:03 AM) View Post
hold your horses too Chip... the family wasn't on here "bothering" you, it was a friend of the family who was TRYING TO HELP.

Everything you mentioned was what their worse fears were - you really gotta stop trying to read more into it then there was.

It's called irrational fear - if you had children of your own, you'd be able to better understand how easily that can happen if your child were to go missing for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

Why are you and darth being such hard arses about it all? Can't you just understand that a parents love for a child goes beyond all reasoning?

If it bothers you and darth so much that someone was asking for help to find their child - no matter what the circumstances were - then just ignore the thread

THANK YOU, DAVBURR!!!
And everyone else, and you all know who you are. wub.gif

#140 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Mar 28 2008, 08:54 AM) View Post

Are you serious about this? Why do you need questions answered? Their daughter disappeared, they were freaked, they wanted her back. How did anything they say or did hurt you? Even really affect you? Good god. Then you have the gall to question and 2nd guess their parenting. That's not your place, that's not my place.

I'm out. This non-story needs to die.

#141 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Mar 28 2008, 09:06 AM) View Post
THANK YOU, DAVBURR!!!
And everyone else, and you all know who you are. wub.gif

I'm 1000% with you on this....... gah.gif
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#142 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Mar 28 2008, 10:09 AM) View Post
I'm 1000% with you on this....... gah.gif

Me too... Time to let this thread go because it's just round and round..Chip has no clue when it comes to the LOVE OF A CHILD and what a PARENT WOULD DO....

EDH Jen- if and when an update on "Kacie's" well being is made public PM those of us who really did care about her well being.. For those who just want to satisfy their own "pass judgement" fix let them wonder and stew...

#143 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

+1

#144 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Mar 28 2008, 10:41 AM) View Post
EDH Jen- if and when an update on "Kacie's" well being is made public PM those of us who really did care about her well being.

You know I will.

#145 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

Kacie's found. The investigation is ongoing. As such, I'm going to close this thread.

If anyone has new updates they'd like to share regarding this girl, please start a new thread.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users