20 replies to this topic

#1 ilovefolsom

ilovefolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:00 AM

Can anyone recommend a good veterinarian in Folsom that isn't a rip off? I've been taking my cat to Banfield inside of PetCo but have quickly discovered they're pricey. Anyone have any good recommendations?

#2 FRASCO

FRASCO

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(ilovefolsom @ Sep 10 2006, 09:00 AM) View Post

Can anyone recommend a good veterinarian in Folsom that isn't a rip off? I've been taking my cat to Banfield inside of PetCo but have quickly discovered they're pricey. Anyone have any good recommendations?

We recently called around for teeth cleaning on our bordercollie and found Blue Ravine Animal Hospital very reasonable. The place was clean and the staff was professional. Our previous vet at Folsom lake Pet was the most expensive on the teeth cleaning as well as other procedures we had called about.

#3 sade1067

sade1067

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

Blue Ravine Animal Hospital is wonderful. I take my two dogs there and they have always been great. I highly recommend them.

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

We had a thread on this previously:
http://www.tomatopag...p;hl=veterinary

I still go to Banfield regularly, but have not done much shopping around. I just like the service and knowledge of all their staff.

Our pet's doc has saved the lives of two of our babies!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:35 AM

We've been taking our dog and cat to Pet Vets next to Walmart since we moved to Folsom in 97. We've never had a problem and I don't feel their prices are out of line with what others charge. If you go there, ask for Dr. Joe - he's great with both our animals.

Barb

#6 szmomof4

szmomof4

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:54 AM

We love Dr's Kaplow and Pfeil at Lakeside Pet Hospital. We have been going there for almost 10 years. They went so far beyond the call of duty during our dogs 2 year battle with diabetes and other health problems. We called Dr. Kaplow many times at home or on his cell phone when our dog was very ill... He was always there for us and when the end was near for our dog, he came to our home to help him pass on peacefully. His kind words during that difficult time helped us so much.

The office staff is also amazing! One time we were at the aquatic center for dog swimming day, our dogs nails were bleeding from running on the pool stucco. It was a Saturday and the girls from Lakeside Pet Hospital were there with their own pets. They went to the vet office and got supplies to treat our dogs bleeding nails, came back and fixed them up! Talk about service! No charge either...

#7 FolsomRider

FolsomRider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:07 PM

My entire family has been taking our cats to the Folsom Cat Clinic for years. And we're hardcore cat lovers!!! A dozen cats can't be wrong. And they've helped nurse cats back from near death ailments. They are very fair, very reasonable. All they treat is cats.

Cat Clinic of Folsom
6693 Folsom-Auburn Rd. 988-7111

#8 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:35 AM

American River Animal Hospital...if you are on the "other side" of the river.

#9 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(Barb J @ Sep 10 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

We've been taking our dog and cat to Pet Vets next to Walmart since we moved to Folsom in 97. We've never had a problem and I don't feel their prices are out of line with what others charge. If you go there, ask for Dr. Joe - he's great with both our animals.

Barb

I've also been going to PetVets for years.....very satisfied with their services. I have seen Dr. Joe, but we usually see Dr. Rod. Both are great!

#10 ilovefolsom

ilovefolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:18 AM

Wow! Thanks for the recommendations! Sounds like I have a few to choose from!

#11 Animal

Animal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

Hazel Ridge on Hazel next to Mikuni's. Not quite in Folsom but worth the drive. They LOVE animals! And they have an excellent conscientious staff.

#12 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

Here's another vote for the Cat Clinic. I love that they only treat cats. The staff and doctor are very friendly and personable, and don't try to sell me on vaccines/procedures that I don't really need. It has always been very clean and good smelling there.

#13 ShayShay

ShayShay

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'm glad that no one recommended Folsom Veterinarian Hospital. Our doctor left (Dr. Van Tine, spelling??) and the new doctor that saw our pets recently made some really unprofessional and rude comments about her style of practicing medicine (yeah, she actually CARES!). He was extremely inappropriate! Does anyone know where Dr. V went by any chance?

#14 ER2002

ER2002

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

[quote name='Jer2911' date='Sep 14 2006, 04:52 PM' post='127940']
I'm glad that no one recommended Folsom Veterinarian Hospital. Our doctor left (Dr. Van Tine, spelling??) and the new doctor that saw our pets recently made some really unprofessional and rude comments about her style of practicing medicine (yeah, she actually CARES!). He was extremely inappropriate! Does anyone know where Dr. V went by any chance?

Dr Jody VanTine went to Integrative Veterinary Center. It's a great facility that she has been acquainted with for some time. I'm happy for her getting out of Folsom Veterinary at last. Dr. VanTIne is a great doctor and cares and in our opinion, one of a kind with sincere compassion for our pets. Integrative Veterinary Center is located at 5524A Elvas Avenue in Sacramento and the phone number is 916-454-1825. There no longer is a decent vet at Folsom Veterinary to give an honest referral.

#15 ShayShay

ShayShay

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:06 AM

RE Quote: [Dr Jody VanTine went to Integrative Veterinary Center. It's a great facility that she has been acquainted with for some time. I'm happy for her getting out of Folsom Veterinary at last. Dr. VanTIne is a great doctor and cares and in our opinion, one of a kind with sincere compassion for our pets. Integrative Veterinary Center is located at 5524A Elvas Avenue in Sacramento and the phone number is 916-454-1825. There no longer is a decent vet at Folsom Veterinary to give an honest referral.]

Thank you so much ER2002. I agree with you regarding the vets at Folsom Verterinary Hospital (and some of the staff as well, unfortunately). Thank you for updating me with Dr. VanTine's information. She was always good about calling me back with answers to my questions and really cared about our pets. Have a great day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users