4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

here's an old mugshot of the perp

http://www.bustedmug...lo-riso/5031442

what's strange is that he bought a home in riverside in 2006 for over $1,000,000 and lost it in foreclosure the next year. another victim of the economy?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#77 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

here's an old mugshot of the perp

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/california/la-quinta/joseph-carmello-riso/5031442

what's strange is that he bought a home in riverside in 2006 for over $1,000,000 and lost it in foreclosure the next year. another victim of the economy?

Or his drug $ ran out.

#78 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Except that perp was not armed. And adult male resident of home says he and his children had to duck to avoid bullets.

And they were outside. On the other side of walls between them and the perp and the sheriff.

Do you have a reference to this ? The story keeps changing - and I am sure a clearer picture will evolve.

Also, If they were outside , why would have to duck the bullets ?

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#79 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Do you have a reference to this ? The story keeps changing - and I am sure a clearer picture will evolve.

on the news, they were interviewing the family. mom was inside with one kid hiding in a bedroom. dad and three other kids were in the backyard. bullets shot inside came right through the window and I think walls too into the backyard.

#80 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

This article has the dad talking about the bullets and protecting his kids and pictures of the bullet holes in the window: http://sacramento.cb...ed-inside-home/

"Multiple bullets flew through the window and into the backyard where Sandoval’s kids played in the pool.

The small children ducked to dodge the bullets."

#81 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sad. He started out so well.
His family must be devastated by this turn of events.

Yes, there are many versions to this story. Including one that says they got the wrong guy. And the guy that was killed was running in fear and not the same guy in the bank.
So, I don't know.

#82 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

This is just another reminder of how bad news coverage tends to be, no matter what the story. We have now received multiple versions.

If the suspect wasn't armed, and was shot entering in a bedroom, in the back, why then were so many bullets fired, sprayed wildly around, and for a long enough period of time for playing children to react and "dodge the bullets" (as if that were possible)?

Something is still not adding up here. Whatever - eventually they'll get it right.

#83 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

This is just another reminder of how bad news coverage tends to be, no matter what the story. We have now received multiple versions.

If the suspect wasn't armed, and was shot entering in a bedroom, in the back, why then were so many bullets fired, sprayed wildly around, and for a long enough period of time for playing children to react and "dodge the bullets" (as if that were possible)?

Something is still not adding up here. Whatever - eventually they'll get it right.

"DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!!!"

#84 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I admit its rather easy to sit here on my keyboard 48 hours later and monday morning quarterback things when I wasn't there and it wasn't me looking at the robber. Who knows how I would have handled this, so I don't want to sound judgemental.

Something that I wondered is why would a LEO go bursting into a home after a suspect if they thought the bad guy had a gun? I'm thinking if the bad guy gets into a home and possibly has a gun, I'm waiting for the Swat team!

I had been wondering was the officer who did the shooting, ON duty or OFF duty?

I agree with Rich everything will come out in the end.

I'm saddened that a human being felt so desperate they had to rob a bank, that they lost their life, that a LEO has to deal with this the rest of their life and that the family in the house will have to deal with this as well.

It all seems such a waste!

#85 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Wouldn't winging the dude in the leg have been sufficient enough to stop him? But IMO, it's better to kill 'em so we don't have to foot the bill for club fed.

#86 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Except that perp was not armed. And adult male resident of home says he and his children had to duck to avoid bullets.

And they were outside. On the other side of walls between them and the perp and the sheriff.

And if he was armed, got to a famlily with kids, then you have a hostage situation with four dead...... I am thinking the officer did the right thing, bad guy dead. End of story. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..... Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#87 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Wouldn't winging the dude in the leg have been sufficient enough to stop him? But IMO, it's better to kill 'em so we don't have to foot the bill for club fed.

Dude, you know that the police never shoot at the legs. They are taught to
shoot at the largest part of the body, chest, tummy, etc...

If you shoot them in the chest they seldom shoot back.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#88 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Dude, you know that the police never shoot at the legs. They are taught to
shoot at the largest part of the body, chest, tummy, etc...

If you shoot them in the chest they seldom shoot back.

Bingo! The cop did exactly what he should have done. Can't do the time or take the penalties, don't do the crime.

#89 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

And if he was armed, got to a famlily with kids, then you have a hostage situation with four dead...... I am thinking the officer did the right thing, bad guy dead. End of story. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..... Chris

I wasn't criticizing coppers. I was paraphrasing (almost word for word) news article, to highlight the confusion in the story.

#90 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Bingo! The cop did exactly what he should have done. Can't do the time or take the penalties, don't do the crime.

I wish they would shoot more of em, could save the state billions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users