- - - - -

Mary Tyler Moore Gone..age 80

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

:( I have no details other than she passed. I am heartbroken. Always had a huge crush. So sad. What a great and classy lady.

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hopefully 2017 isn't as bad as 2016 was for musicians and celebs. 

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

She lived through and overcame a lot in her life.

http://www.huffingto...n_14398766.html

#4 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

Looks like 20/20 is doing an hour long special on MTM at 10pm tonight.

#5 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

I missed that show. Would have liked to see it. When I was a little kid and Mary was Laura on the Dick Van Dyke show I can honestly say she was the first woman to awaken in me the fact that there was more to life than baseball lol...she was really sexy! Of course getting older I always watched her and did crush on her. Listening to Carl Reiner the other day who produced DVD show he was asked what made him pick her for the role. He said first her beautiful smile got his attention but then " I saw those legs" he said, and that clinched it....I think she was a dancer before that show...Very sweet lady and yes very sexy too.
She even made a movie with Elvis and at the time it was a cringe worthy movie because she played a nun and Elvis didn't know at first and well, you know how that kind of scenario goes...she had conflicts between her commitment as a nun and with being a woman. Truthfully I don't remember how it ended. Just that I was uncomfortable watching two of my favorite people in those roles.
She will be missed by many for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users