21 replies to this topic

#1 mom2mnm

mom2mnm

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

I ran in there today with my toddler with the excuse of grabbing a cake donut for her :)

I almost never eat donuts but they looked really good so I grabbed a few, of course all filled ones. A jelly, Bavarian cream, apple turnover, and a few little powdered cream filled French ones.
The little French ones were heavenly! I could eat 40 I'm sure.
But I was surprised that all three of the others were not filled! Totally void of jelly, cream or apple :(
Maybe it's a sign that I don't need it anyway, but I found it so strange. I wonder if the donut filler called in sick....

Anyone else ended up with empty donuts?

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

You ran into what Donut place?

Name and where?
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

There's a new donut place in the Save Mart shopping center around the corner from Chipotles.

I'd be really, really disappointed if the donuts weren't filled. I tried to stop by this weekend to check it out, but there was a line and I didn't feel like waiting. I also took that as a sign I didn't really need a donut:)

#4 mom2mnm

mom2mnm

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, sorry. Ive seen it mentioned on here while under construction and didn't think to include the name.
It's called the Donut Shop, east Bidwell next to Chipotle.

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, sorry. Ive seen it mentioned on here while under construction and didn't think to include the name.
It's called the Donut Shop, east Bidwell next to Chipotle.

Thanks...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

The doughnut place next to Raley's is the place to go. I see everybody there after soccer, baseball, etc. The place has ultimate staying power even in that basically abandoned shopping center.

Heck I don't even know the name of the place but that hasn't hurt them in the last 15 years!

#7 mom2mnm

mom2mnm

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

The doughnut place next to Raley's is the place to go. I see everybody there after soccer, baseball, etc. The place has ultimate staying power even in that basically abandoned shopping center.

Heck I don't even know the name of the place but that hasn't hurt them in the last 15 years!

I recently saw it referred to as Baker's Dozen' I think,
But yes, that place is great and has been there for years.

That's not to say that the Donut Shop won't stick around. I'm sure the lack of filling was not the norm.
It wasn't a big deal to me, but I thought about calling them just to give a heads up. Wouldn't want them to do that regularly.

#8 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Is it a typical doughnut shop or do they specialize in the more fancy/specialty doughnut style, like Voodoo in Portland. The reason I ask is because the prices seemed to be pretty high for a doughnut shop. At least based on the coupon I received in the mail.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#9 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

it's a run of the mill donut shop, with a few donuts you don't see elsewhere.

The other donut shop is great too - though they haven't remodeled since the Nixon administration. It kind of adds to the charm of the place though! :2thumbsup:

#10 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

it's a run of the mill donut shop, with a few donuts you don't see elsewhere.

The other donut shop is great too - though they haven't remodeled since the Nixon administration. It kind of adds to the charm of the place though! :2thumbsup:

That's what I was afraid of. Not sure why I'd go there over the other place if they cost twice as much. Maybe the coupon was just misleading. I'll check it out soon. Ice cream and doughnuts... I can't resist either one!
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#11 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

That's what I was afraid of. Not sure why I'd go there over the other place if they cost twice as much. Maybe the coupon was just misleading. I'll check it out soon. Ice cream and doughnuts... I can't resist either one!

I have the same additions but will take ice cream over donuts. My real problem is an on going love affair with dark Dove Chocolates.

Should we start an addiction group? LOL!

#12 mom22

mom22

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

I LOVE this new donut store. It's about time there was a new, cleaner donut store. The donuts are delicious, the coffee is yummy, and the store has wi-fi.

#13 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

I LOVE this new donut store. It's about time there was a new, cleaner donut store. The donuts are delicious, the coffee is yummy, and the store has wi-fi.

Agreed! Since I posted my pre-visit concern, I've gone a couple times. Their doughnuts are very good and I liked their coffee. They cost a little more than the other place, but I think it is worth it. Their original glazed doughnut is light and fluffy like an oversized Krispy Kreme.

#14 HiC

HiC

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian who loves basketball, golf and baseball (go Giants).

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

We were waiting for them to open and check them out, as well. We got the coupon so saved a little on our first visit. I was a bit concerned by the prior posting that said their filled donuts weren't filled. I ordered a dozen and did not pay real close attention as they filled the box. When I got home, we did not get what we ordered. Additionally, two of ours that were supposed to be filled were also not filled. Lastly, I LOVE french donuts but theirs are not so special. They are closer to Entenman's (store-bought) than what I am used to. Overall, I was pretty disappointed and will likely stay with Baker's Dozen even though they are often out of french when I get there.

#15 FamilyMan

FamilyMan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

One our first visit, one donut was not filled. Did not find out until we were home. I was wondering if others experienced the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users